Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shelf Life for Liquor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never seem to get gifted whiskey bottles, and the ones I have keep turning up empty - and quickly. This is unacceptable. I mean, look at the state of many of these bottles:

Attached Files

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you may need some help. They are not empty.
      I volunteer with PBR back.
      Last edited by bbqLuv; October 14, 2021, 09:18 AM.

The only thing I might be concerned about is the Triple Sec due to the sugar content.

Comment

We found a jug of Southern Comfort jammed in the back of the bar last year, figured it had to be 35 years old if it was a day.
    Lid was stuck on it, steamed it off but no one had the onions to take a swig so tossed it.
    Don't know if it was still Southern Comfort or tasted like a southern comforter....

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, good 'ol Southern Comfort, makin' teenagers pray to the Porcelain God for decades!

Thanks for all the inputs. Due to age, I chucked everything and will replace with smaller bottles. Didn't have the guts to even give a taste.

Comment

• WillTravelForFood
      WillTravelForFood commented
      Editing a comment
      Due to YOUR age, or the age of the bottles?

We've all been there, it always feels weird to throw out something that (may) be good, only to know you're going to replace it with a smaller, younger model.

er, bottle, I meant.
      a smaller, newer bottle.

The good news is that you'll have a fresh bar available to impress your friends with. Or to distract them from bothering you at the grill, either one.

• jlazar
      jlazar commented
      Editing a comment
      Age - both.

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      What a waste. Did you forget about old Ned the wino down on the street corner?
      Or combine them into a big mason jar, add a nice homemade label, and a gift to mother-in-law?
      Last edited by bbqLuv; October 13, 2021, 06:42 PM.

In my drinking days, I dated Ethyl.

Comment

Shelf life: particle board vs wood vs metal, + weight of load.

Comment

Digging around in the "liquor" closet a while back, I found a forgotten bottle of grenadine from a long ago party. Freaking thing looked like it had turned into a mother. And i mean the mother that you make kombucha with. Pic from the inter webs for effect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2BEAADE4-86CE-4319-8522-694686778C9A.jpeg
Views:	126
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1129571

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here