Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Bourbon To Try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bourbon To Try

Hello all! Local store having a 20% off spirits sale when you buy 6. Looking to try some new bourbon and was looking for suggestions. So far Eagle Rare, Blanton’s and Heaven Hill are at the top for my favorites. Any other suggestions? Click image for larger version

Name:	1647FF69-87E5-41DF-AC58-937F74CF4E9A.jpeg
Views:	423
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	1085680

I've really enjoyed the offering from New Bardstown

Comment

Weller Antique 107

Comment

• Joey877
        Joey877 commented
        Editing a comment
        +1

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        I love Weller, but all the Weller sold in my state is allotted to one chain of stores. They only allow gold status members to sign up for a lottery of bottles. To be a gold status member, you have to spend more than $5K a year.

To rich for my blood.

• Oak Smoke
        Oak Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        +1!!!!!!!!!

J Henry...Distillery in Dane Wisconsin. Very Good IMO.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 on that.

• RustyHaines
        RustyHaines commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Skip for supporting our local hooch ! Much appreciated. I suggest their Patton Road Reserve.

Anything from Wild Turkey, anything from Four Roses.

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Ditto on Four Roses.

Woodford Reserve Double Oak
      Michter’s

Comment

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Both are EXCELLENT choices! Woodford Double Oak may be one of my favorites.

Buffalo Trace since you have a few of the others the distillery makes. For the price, it’s a go to for me when I can find it. I’ve also enjoyed Angel’s Envy, however, I won’t buy it now due to the price point. It’s near $60 and I don’t think it’s at that point. But I do enjoy it.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
        DogFaced PonySoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll second the Buffalo Trace, if you can find it. I picked up 6 bottles when I was in Dallas last month, as I can't get it here. Larceny is another great one, if you've got access to it.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I think Angel's Envy relies on their fancy bottle and fun name and their stuff isn't very high quality, but I also realize my opinion is often unpopular in that regard.

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee it’s not $60 bourbon. Not even close. When it first came out it was $40. I thought that was good. But, i do like the ever so subtle sweetness to it. I’ve asked my buddy to use one of his aging casks to try this type of aging - port wine for some time, followed by a bourbon, to see what comes of it. All that said, I haven’t bought a bottle in years - there’s better bourbon out there

Knob Creek Single Barrel 120 proof.

Comment

Blanton's is really good and can be hard to find. I'd grab that one.

Comment

@PackersOwner12 - I'm a big fan of both Heaven Hill and Buffalo trace. I'd say 90% of the bourbon I buy is one of their lines. Heaven Hill just started shipping their bonded to Florida. A good drink at a good price.

Comment

Old Forrester Bottled in Bond, and probably any of the other higher end Old Forrester's, but that's the only one I've tried so far. I'm curious what the store is that's running the deal.

Comment

Off the top of my head

Anything Wild Turkey, except for the 86 proof variety.
              Knob Creek 9 or 12 year and all of their ryes
              Old Grand Dad 114*
              Old Grand Dad Bottled-in-Bond*
              Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Barrel Proof
              Maker's Mark 101
              Maker's Mark Cask Strength
              Pikesville Rye
              Rittenhouse Rye*
              Old Forester 1920
              Old Forester 100 proof*
              Old Forester Rye 100 proof*
              New Riff Bottled-in-Bond

There's more...but those are all solid

* don't let the cheap price scare you, these are all very good and the biggest bang for your buck

Comment

Evan Williams Single Barrel is just about the best for the money and is pretty readily available. Don't let the Evans Williams name fool you. I'd put it right beside Heaven Hill and its from the same distillery.

Comment

If you make any trips in to Indiana, they have a unique offering from Buffalo Trace- the Benchmark series. Now, don't get me wrong, "Benchmark", the standard version that's been around forever, isn't too great, but it's cheap and decent for being so cheap. However, they have a special 5-bottle series that, at least currently, is only sold in Indiana. They have (from low price to high) Top Floor, Small Batch, Single Barrel, Bonded, and Full Proof. They are all great, my personal 2 top faves are Bonded and Full Proof. They are WAYYYY better than the standard Benchmark. And they are still <$20 for most.

Comment

So I picked up a bottle of Basil Hayden's Toast last night. Haven't tried it yet, though most toasted bourbon's I've had are very good. Anyone had this yet?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here