Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your bar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show us your bar!

I'm interested to see what everybody's bar looks like. I'm a bartender by trade and am always intrigued by how other people set up their mixing and liquor storage areas. This is my setup. I plan to add another shelf underneath the one with the copper mugs so that I can spread everything out more evenly and some more racks for hanging glasses Click image for larger version

Name:	bar2.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	414258 .

Click image for larger version

Name:	bar1.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	414257

Nice

Comment

Looks nice I have No Bar, always wanted to build one. Never any Room. Part of my Dream Grillzebo build if I ever do it. The days don’t seem as long as they used too, not enough time.

Comment

Here's a partial pic of mine, 'til th' Sun gets up...then, mebbe, I'll get a better pic...
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4177.JPG Views:	2 Size:	1.42 MB ID:	414309

Comment

• Mudkat
          Mudkat commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd like to try some of that Pulse Telephone! 😁 My son is into stout beer which of course I am starting to take a liking to too!

Do I see Glenmorangie Lasanta in there? Great choice! If you like it you'd probably really like The Balvenie Double Wood too. It's like Lasanta kicked up a notch.
        #jealous of that great collection.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee I will say that lagavulin 16 year is the finest $100 whisky you can buy. Period. :-)

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          ecowper $100 is out of my range, but I will try one of their expressions....for science.

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee my wife buys me a +/- $100 bottle of whisky every year for my birthday. I make it last all year to the next birthday.

We have some bottles on a shelf in the pantry and beer in the fridge. If I start taking pictures of them I may be asked to spend Turkey Day in the nut house.

Comment

Here is my pub. This is where me and the Moonbeam eat every night. She's the wine maker, I'm the brewer.

Name:	IMG_1181.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	414379

Name:	orval.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	272.9 KB
ID:	414380

Name:	train.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	316.5 KB
ID:	414381

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I see Balvenie Double Wood! Yuuum!

• lonnie mac
            lonnie mac commented
            Editing a comment
            OMG brother that is some GOOD stuff!! Probably my fave!

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            Fantastic!

Basement bar. Most of the liquor is stored in the cabinet underneath the bar. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0144.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	414533

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Seriously!!

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow! That's a party waiting to happen! What night is poker night?

• Reds Fan 5
            Reds Fan 5 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, guys. The mirrors make it look bigger than it is. We love it, though, and it sealed the deal for me when we bought the house. Trying to figure out how to follow @Lonniemac's example and install a tap.

holy crap. looks like something from an upscale hotel. sweeeet!!!

Comment

I pulled all my whiskey glasses out to get this family portrait. Usually the glasses take the front line.

This is only the whiskeys. The other stuff (gin, vodka, rum, cointreau, etc) is in the little cabinet above the microwave.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG0537 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.66 MB ID:	415975

Name:	image_51988.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	415974

Comment

• Mudkat
              Mudkat commented
              Editing a comment
              Very cool Huskee! Suprised your username isn't @Whiskee 😀

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Mudkat what a great idea! #mynextalterego

• Reds Fan 5
              Reds Fan 5 commented
              Editing a comment
              HouseHomey I agree with Huskee on Bulleit Rye. My go-to rye is George Dickel rye. I now make all of Manhattans with rye. If you can find good bourbon on sale, snap it up. Prices are skyrocketing. Keep an eye on Costco's liquor. Some good prices there.

DeathCassette I love that the Campari bottle is almost empty. Usually I see those at people's houses and they are almost always close to full. Negroni much?

Comment

• DeathCassette
              DeathCassette commented
              Editing a comment
              I absolutely adore Campari. There is actually another bottle in the row behind it. I don't ever like to run out.

HouseHomey Hmmm. This is solely my opinion based on my experiences.

Basil Haydens will get you a midway between bourbon & rye (it's a high-rye bourbon) but at only 40% ABV it's super smooth and lacks some punch that "Ryes" are known for,

Crown Royal Rye is a very entry level, light version of a rye.

Moving up a few notches, Bulleit Rye is great I think, still on the lighter "rye" end of an actual rye but far more powerful than Crown Rye,

Sazerac Rye is highly regarded classic too.

WhistlePig is reputable, (and great!) but it's not actually made in VA just yet, as far as I know it's still a Canadian whiskey that they buy & rebrand until their own farm-distilled in VA product is ready to sell.

There are many others but I haven't tasted them, such as Templeton, Wigle, Rittenhouse. And of course your mass produced Jim Beam has a rye, as do a few other bottom shelfers, which may be great or terrible I haven't tried them.

Comment

Huskee As I have a couple of those options at work in the bar I think I will try the crown rye first as I can get a taste for free. I'll have to pay half price for the basil Hayden's. Then I will keep checking the discount rack and go that way. No sense in paying full price for anything when I want to own or taste if I don't have to. I tried Stella for the first time last week. Customer Nursing a beer after closing bought me a beer. It was good-ish I guess. I liked the crispness as I'm usually sweating at that hour..

thank you for the index.

Please anyone else chime in.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Half price Basil Hayden's is a wonderful thing if you'd ask me. At the moment, it's my favorite whiskey. Stella is one of my wife & I's favorite 'upscale' beers, but it's not a chugger for me, that spot now belongs to Hamm's, so cheap and definitely the best of the cheapies!

• Psinderson
                Psinderson commented
                Editing a comment
                I love me some rye! I recently had Canadian Club 100% rye which was excellent and on sale for $18. I also just had J P Wisers Triple Barrel Rye which is good and cheap. Both are highly rated by Whiskey Advocate. I have a great local distillery that supplies most of my rye butI am branching out.

• Beefchop
                Beefchop commented
                Editing a comment
                I like high rye bourbons like Bulleit (original), WT 101 or Old Grand Dad 100. Of the two rye whiskies I've tried, Rittenhouse and Bulleit Rye I like Bulleit more, but prefer a little more corn in my mash bill than you find in straight "rye" whiskies.

Man, these bar pictures are freakin awesome! My "bar" is primarily a strangley located corner cabinet in the basement. I have a kegerator across the room that used to serve my homebrew but now serves as my chiller for lemon/lime juice, simple syrup, and special beers. I pick out what I need from the cabinet and bring it over to the kegerator area for mixing. Not a great layout but we haven’t yet done any alterations from the previous owners and we want the bottles up and away from the kids.

Comment

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for the reference👆👆👆

• Psinderson
                Psinderson commented
                Editing a comment
                Not a problem at all HouseHomey. I started my whiskey journies about a year ago...so much out there, just like beer.

Throwback. 4 bottles, 4 glasses.
              Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here