Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Breville Espresso Maker on sale at BB&B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Breville Espresso Maker on sale at BB&B

For all you caffeine fiends, BB&B is offering a new Breville Espresso maker at $150 off the regular price. In my experience, you seldom find Breville products discounted (and I think they are excluded from BB&B's 20% off coupons). The sale doesn't start until 9/19 and runs through 10/2. Here's a pic of the front cover of the flyer I received.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3155.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1294717

And, here's a link to the model on the BB&B website.

FWIW I've had one of these for a few years and can't say enough good things about it, like all of my Breville appliances!

Comment

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      I completely agree. I’ve a Breville coffee grinder, espresso maker, immersion blender and sous vide (Chef Steps). I use my grinder and espresso maker every day in the mornings. That immersion blender is one of my favorite appliances. It has a small food processor attachment I use often.

• HotSun
      HotSun commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed.

I've also been using one of these daily for somewhere around 10 years. Good piece of equipment, but the pump is susceptible to hardwater so the decalcification procedure is a must if your water is any level of hard.

Comment

• HotSun
      HotSun commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, regular cleaning and descaling is a must for any espresso machine.

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

Excellent! I have a Breville Bambino Plus, use it daily and love how well it works! This is a great deal for an all in one unit. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I may have to buy one of these, you are all a bunch of enablers
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; September 16, 2022, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• WayneT
        WayneT commented
        Editing a comment
        You’re welcome! 🤣

Time to start a collection at work!

Comment

Just deviating from the topic a little bit.....we have a Jura ENA 9, full auto. I bought it refurbished for $499 about 10 years ago for our office because I didn't want to have to fuss with making auto drip, etc. I brought it home when we closed that office and we've used it every day since. Original price at the time was $1699 (I think, too rich ), and we might have gotten away with a mistake on their end because after we purchased it the refurb price jumped to $599. Totally worth every penny.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jura-ena9-onetouch_1.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	1295436

We use it every day and it much better than a manual or semi-automatic, mainly because it cuts down on labor. We still have a Breville machine similar to the current Best Buy offering in the basement collecting dust, but haven't used since we got the Jura. I would estimate we've run close to 10k espressos and coffees from it (we don't do milk drinks, though it has frothing capability). She still purrs like a kitten, with regular cleaning and descaling. If it ever needs service, I'll just send it in and have it repaired, but it has paid for itself.

It is discontinued, but the A1 seems to be equivalent, but without the frothing option. Anyhow, here is where we got our refurb:
        Enjoy significant savings with factory quality Jura refurbished espresso machines! 1st in Coffee stocks Jura coffee machines with a one-year warranty.

Comment

• WayneT
          WayneT commented
          Editing a comment
          Those Juras are very nice. Great buy.

After careful deliberation and deep introspection, I decided this new-fangled espresso maker doesn't do anything my current ol' timey one doesn't do so I'm gonna take a pass. Sorry Breville, ya gotta market me better than that! Now I can spend the money I saved on my new Kettle grill!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here