Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Too late, expired) $40 Ceramic French press coffee pot for $4 on Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Too late, expired) $40 Ceramic French press coffee pot for $4 on Amazon

EXPIRED! or so it tells me..... but you're welcome to try it:

I picked up one of these deals this morning. Valid for another couple hrs. Get it while it lasts!

Here's the product on Amazon

Go Here to get the code.
    Then back to Amazon, add it to your cart, and enter that code in the coupon code box at checkout. It drops the price to $3.99.

Only for a couple more hours.
    Last edited by Huskee; January 21, 2016, 10:30 AM.

I tried a French press once I was eating more coffee than anything.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never used one, but I'm sure there's a technique to it to avoid that. No one wants to chew their coffee!

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      It makes amazing coffee. All r the oils and flavor are in the coffee, not trapped in a filter.

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      You have to use a coarser grind of coffee which equates to grinding your own. The preground coffee is too fine, hence having to pick your teeth after drinking a cup.

Only two codes left!

Comment

A professional gave me a taste of his. He was a big time coffee connoisseur.

Comment

Jerod Broussard I think that comes from using regular ground coffee. You're supposed to use coarse ground coffee, or the press's built in filter/plunger can't filter the finer particles.

Comment

Deal expired, hope someone was able to snag one if it interested them.

Comment

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee ...

I got 1 yesterday. I didn't need 1 because I already have one. But I figured I'd get one for my daughter in law. She loves strong coffee. For $3.99 I couldn't not buy it.😁

I prefer pressed coffee to brewed coffee. I liked my French press so much I gave my Kurig to my neighbor lady.

@Jarod Broussard ... You can control how much sludge/mud you get in your cup to a certain degree with a French press but not as much as you can when your coffee maker has a filter.

The finer you grind your coffee beans the more sludge you will get. The sludge falls to the bottom of your coffee cup fairly quickly so you don't really drink it with your coffee but... You will have some mud at the bottom of your cup.

The more courses you grind your beans you get a lighter coffee and less mud.

I put a quart of hot tap water in a measuring cup and put it in the microwave for 5 minutes or until it comes to a boil. While that happening I grind my beans in my Bullet grinder.

I put the ground beans in the press and then pour 1/3 of the water over the beans and allow to brew for 1 minute. Then I pour in the rest of the water and put the press on top of the water with out pushing it down at all. I let the coffee brew for 4 or 5 minutes and then slowly press the plunger down.

I really prefer pressed coffee and a quart of coffee is just right for my morning dosage😉
            Last edited by Breadhead; January 20, 2016, 10:17 AM.

Hey man. I just used it and the code still worked, and it looked like there were many still available.. It was 4.59 instead of 4 bucks but that's still a hell of a deal. I used the code you posted awhile back for the wine cork remover, too, and the wife and I are still lovin that thing. Where do you find these gems?

Comment

• jholmgren
            jholmgren commented
            Editing a comment
            It's the same company that did the instant-read thermometer, cork screw, teeth whitening kit, etc.

If you follow up with a review, you'll usually get on their mailing list. It's a relatively cheap way for them to hit #1 in category on Amazon with good reviews, so that they can move a bunch of them at full cost.

• Flavorsavor
            Flavorsavor commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice. thanks for the info.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I bought all but the teeth whitening kit. Mr Yellowteeth out....

39 still available when I checked back

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            What link are you using to get the code? I use my link and it says expired.

I sign up for their emails. Every few months something like this pops up.

• Flavorsavor
            Flavorsavor commented
            Editing a comment
            I clicked on the "go here" link. Just tried again, still working for me. At that price I may buy another... Love me some coffee.

They are still available, but you need a coupon code. Try this link for instructions and the code:

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Cleared cookies, then I get a page that says it's expired but coming back in 15 hrs 20-some minutes. I don't know what's going on but I'm glad you got it figured out.

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee ...

I bought 1 and completed the transaction.

An hour later I went back on Amazon to try to buy another 1.

I pasted in the code they gave me in my mail and it said that code had already been used. I assume that makes it a 1 per customer sale.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Breadhead true, but I'm referring to the page where you get the codes, it's not working for me anymore says they're all gone...until 12:01 am Pacific tonight anyway.

I got for for tea.

Comment

A press with coarsely ground beans gives you very little "grit" in the cup.

If that's not strong enough, you need to try some real Turkish coffee. That's ground fine, and then simmered (not boiled). Grounds settle to the bottom, and voila, you have the strongest coffee you ever tried, complete with the bottom 1/3 or so of the cup being ground coffee. If you want sugar, ask them to add some to the water before the coffee is made. Once they serve it to you, you don't dare to stir the cup with a spoon. Don't ask me how I know But, I did learn after only once

Jim

Comment

I received the Ceramic French Press today. I had intended to give this to my daughter in law but... It's much much nicer than the one I have so I'm keeping it for me.😆

The one I have now I bought at IKEA for $9. This one I paid $3.99 and didn't have to drive 15 miles to go get it.

What a fantastic deal this turned out to be.👍

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Smaller than I though it'd be, but I guess that doesn't matter.

Hey where'd your signature go?

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                Huskee ...

Most French presses hold about a quart of water.

My signature? What's that? I didn't know I had one.🙊

What exactly is great deals for today? Anybody know?

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                I signed up for their emails, I get one every 3 or 4 months it seems like. Not really a frequent thing.

Breadhead, hmmm, I thought you had yours filled out, guess not. Look to the left, the grey box where a person's username and avatar (picture) is, then look in the lower left of that grey box. There's a little grey or green dot, indicating if a person's online. Right next to that is a fountain pen tip (*if* a person has their sig filled out), hover over it and a box pops up with their signature. Usually here in The Pit our signatures are our smokers/grills/thermometers, favorite beer, wine, etc. It helps with a little bragging plus it helps us learn a user's perspective when they ask questions about how to do something knowing what they may be using (or imbibing ).

This post here from Pit Boss will help you fill out yours.

Comment

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                Way to complicated for an old guy like me... Grey boxes, avatars, green boxes, fountain pen tips, hover over this or that...🙈

I've always preferred to lay low.🙊

like Trump says... Keep them guessing😎

I really think everyone on AR knows me, knows what my gig is, knows my passion for BBQ and Bread.

Every once in a while I'll drop a little tidbit out there that others might find interesting... Like my love for steelhead fishing and spending time with my Son... But other than that this is a BBQ site.😉

Lay low and keep them guessing.😬

It took you almost 2 years to figure out I didn't do my homework.😆 I'm pretty good at keeping a low profile.😁
                Last edited by Breadhead; January 22, 2016, 03:00 AM.

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Breadhead my description is a lot of words, makes it seem complicated. It's like 3 or 4 simple steps. Dave's post ^ simplifies it. Check it out. I can even help if you want. No point in hiding your two Grade A cookers! But if you don't want to that's ok too.

Huskee ...

I'm not as dumb as I pretend to be...🙊

I figured out how to BBQ and bake bread reading websites.😉

If I decide to do my homework... I think I can stumble through it just fine. I've just never been a joiner, one that does what they should... A follower.

I've noticed your obligatory request for new members to do their homework for years.

Maybe... Someday, I will conform, maybe not.😎

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                'Twas but a joke

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                I got it Huskee

In an unrelated story, Huskee has been banned for life. lol

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                Hmmm... I was DWT last night. Drunk While Typing.🙊

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here