Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local Coffee Bean Seller Modest Coffee Runs Huge Sale Due to Bad Business Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local Coffee Bean Seller Modest Coffee Runs Huge Sale Due to Bad Business Deal

I have ordered from them before and the service and coffee are excellent. Obviously, the prices here are very good for quality beans. The subscriptions are also a good deal if you like that sort of thing. They are probably 20 minutes or so from me.

Email from them below:
    We had a business opportunity go badly and our loss is your gain

Cases are 50% off plus free shipping

Read our blog post with the full story here
    Here's the TLDR: We got grifted by a multi-billion dollar distributor for $250,000 and now we’re over $200,000 in debt and need your help to move 30,000 bags of coffee at half price. For context, the amount of coffee we have would take the average coffee drinker 600 years to consume. Yes, we are as astonished by that number as you are. You can find the Fire Sale! coffee here.

This is a story we’ve wanted to tell for some time now, but had to wait to see how it would end before we could tell it. 6 months ago we had hoped we would have really exciting news when this time came. It did not go as planned and has ended in just about the worst case scenario.

The Modest and The Dark are $7 per bag ($42) and The Enthusiast and The Decaf are $8 per bag ($48). This includes free shipping. The coffee was roasted in June and July of 2022 and has a best by date of one year later. This coffee is older than we like but is still expertly roasted and delicious.

If we can find 5,000 people to buy one case each then we can put this behind us. Or 2,500 people to buy 2 cases. Or any combination of people and cases. If you are in a position to help us and to get some great coffee, we would greatly appreciate it. And please help us spread the word!

I am in. Great price! Hope the coffee is great as well. Tx IFZBC

Comment

I’m not a coffee drinker but I sent it to several people I know. Thanks.

Comment

Man, that’s brutal for the company. Hope they can get this done soon and recover.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I bought some, I like good coffee. 6 bags is about 2 months for me.

Comment

• STEbbq
            STEbbq commented
            Editing a comment
            Same. I ordered a case of Dark!

Why not. I grabbed 2 cases. I hope they can pull it off & stay in business.

Comment

Man they got screwed, I feel horrible for them.
            I'd buy some but then I'd have to buy a grinder.

Comment

• barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              Coffee Grinder is like a tortilla press 😂

I just upgraded from a Cuisinart conical bur grinder that I’ve had for 10-12 years…has done well. Went with the Breville Smart Grinder Pro to pair with my Breville Bambino Plus.

the Cuisinart is now used for my wife’s keurig.

• Brian_M
              Brian_M commented
              Editing a comment
              Buy the grinder. Then buy a pour-over setup to put next to it. You’ll be surprised at the difference.

This website, and the MCS (more coffee-equipment syndrome) it causes, is awful on the pocketbook but fantastic for the tastebuds!

• Andrrr
              Andrrr commented
              Editing a comment
              I have enough rabbit holes right now, although I can see a day where I'll do it Brian_M

I was gifted a grinder for Christmas, but I only drink 1 cup a day. A 12 oz bag lasts me about a month. I do hope they survive though.

Comment

I hate this! Why is Grocery as a business category so corrupt? I could share stories myself of experiences I've had selling our product through grocery and big box distributors. I ordered a case of The Dark, just because.

Comment

I'm definitely in, ordering a case right now. A good online friend is a coffee grower and she's related some of the trials and tribulations of that business... given that coffee is an absolutely essential, must-have commodity, I'm all in favor of supporting them! 9 bucks a pound is a very reasonable price.

I'll be sure to comment that AR/Pitmaster forum is helping spread the word.

Comment

that sucks.

I just ordered a case...

Comment

Thank you for sharing this, I ordered a case. It looks like it is working for them, one of the coffees is already sold out.

Comment

Two coffees are already sold out and a third is nearly sold out. There are still over 1000 cases of decaf left. However, they have sold probably over 3500 cases in less than 12 hours. That is probably a year’s worth of sales for them in one day. With a bit more support, they just might pull this off. Fingers crossed.

Comment

My only regret is that The Enthusiast is out of stock. Glad that means they are moving coffee. We had to find a new coffee supplier after Superstition Coffee from AZ closed up shop about a year ago, can’t sit by and let a good coffee company go under.

Comment

Dang! I couldn’t make the purchase earlier, figured I had plenty of time.

they are sold out. Crazy!

Comment

• barelfly
                            barelfly commented
                            Editing a comment
                            ComfortablyNumb I drink decaf Espresso in the late afternoon/evening maybe twice a week….a case would take me forever to drink and by that time…not sure how good it would be.

• STEbbq
                            STEbbq commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I am sure they’d appreciate a bag buy at regular price../

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here