Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Glo Sour, or, What I Really Use My Whipped Cream Canister For...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Glo Sour, or, What I Really Use My Whipped Cream Canister For...

Click image for larger version  Name:	F26AEF3C-EC2D-41E4-B403-669CD64FFD0A.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.89 MB ID:	646858 This site is very suggestive. I always want to buy everyone ‘s cooker. The last couple of years I’ve been fairly disciplined. Not so much during my first year of membership... I bought tons of stuff!! Someone, at that time, turned me on to chefsteps.com. I thought "I’m going to become molecular gastronomist!" False. I bought all kinds of weird chemical do-dads as well as a very high end whipped cream dispenser. Have I used these things? Negative.

However, recently, in a- thus far- failed attempt at getting Mrs JCBBQ to join me in a cocktail or three, I’ve been experimenting with cocktails. She doesn’t like bourbon, so lately I’ve been trying out gin based drinks. I’ve gotta say I’m becoming a fan. AND, I’ve stumbled on a great use of my "whipper". This contraption is an AMAZING infuser. Instant infuser at that.

Here is a a very interesting turmeric infused gin drink called the Glo Sour that I found on YouTube.

2oz turmeric infused gin
    3/4 oz lime juice
    3/4 oz (or less) simple syrup
    2 dashes orange bitters

PS I’ll let you know when she gets back from her business trip if she likes it!

PPS I’ll probab need to get some coup glasses so it’s fancy enough for her 😃

PPPS Here's the link in case anyone's interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFDWSBbcBKo&t=194s
    Last edited by JCBBQ; March 7, 2019, 12:46 PM.

I have looked at the ISI Whipping Cream Dispenser about once a year, usually during an attack of my chronic MCS. At the over $100 price tag, I reject it for two reasons.

One. It is not BBQ-related nor is it a pair of shoes.
    Two. I can make stabilized whipped cream pretty easily, which keeps well for 3 days or more. A packet of Knox gelatine and some powdered sugar are way cheaper than an ISI.

Glad to see you've found a tasty use for it.

Kathryn

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      "Nor is it a pair of shoes" 😂😂😂

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm hearing Jimmy Choo is coming out with a 3" pump/Whip Cream Dispenser combo.
      Two birds with one stone....

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here