Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirty Smoked Pickle Martini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirty Smoked Pickle Martini

Use smoke in the glass. If you have smoked ice, put some in the shaker. Put vodka and pickle juice in the shaker... 4:1 vodka to juice. Shake and strain. Garnish with gherkins. Alternative: Serve on the rocks with smoked ice and some smoke in glass.

I don't know, Dr. Bear. Where I come from, martinis don't have either vodka or pickles.

Comment

OK, tell me about smoked ice. That's a new one on me. This sounds like a better dirty martini than using olive juice, which I'm not that fond of.

Comment

I don't care for olives and I have to be in the right mood for Gin... Plus don't usually use vermouth. In fact when I bartended and they wanted it dry, I'd pour a little vermouth on the bar mat (it helped increase tips). I actually drink this most often on the rocks... About 2/3 vodka and 1/3 pickle juice,Tito's is my go too.
        Originally posted by Dewesq55 View Post
        I don't know, Dr. Bear. Where I come from, martinis don't have either vodka or pickles.

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          I mostly don't do vermouth either. Sometimes I do "in and out" though. But gin is essential in my opinion.

Meathead has a great article. Run ice through a smoker, let it melt, re freeze it. I haven't tried icewith my new smoking gun, but it is nice in the glass to give some flavor.
        Originally posted by BruceB View Post
        OK, tell me about smoked ice. That's a new one on me. This sounds like a better dirty martini than using olive juice, which I'm not that fond of.

Comment

I prefer smoking the glass instead of the ice. I tried smoking frozen ice (for 5-7 minutes) and melting ice in a snapware full of smoke. The glass provides a much smokier aroma.

Comment

I tried both last night with the last of my smoked ice. I enjoyed the results, but I love a heavy smoky taste... I think it might be overkill for some folks.
            Originally posted by OGMrWhite View Post
            I prefer smoking the glass instead of the ice. I tried smoking frozen ice (for 5-7 minutes) and melting ice in a snapware full of smoke. The glass provides a much smokier aroma.

Comment

I actually was thinking of trying smoked ice spheres sometime. Be good for scotch drinkers who like it cold but don't want to water down the scotch.

Comment

You can also use the smoking gun to add smoke flavor to your mixer if you're making something with a mixer. I.E. smokey bloody mary.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here