Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mai Tai Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mai Tai Recipe

I developed this after coming back from Hawaii in 2008. It's fairly sweet, but you could probably substitute lime juice for at least some of the Sweet and Sour Mix:

Mai Tai

Makes: 2 drinks

Ingredients:
    2 oz. gold rum (cheap is ok)
    2 oz. pineapple rum, such as Malibu, Calico Jack or Cruzan. (I personally like Malibu the best, but use what's available/cheap)
    2 oz. Amaretto (again, I use whatever is cheapest)
    2 oz. of orange flavored liqueur. Here, I splurge a little bit. #1 likes, so I use, Gran Gala which is an orange brandy (Gran Marnier substitute) but you could use Cointreau or even triple sec and it would work.
    4 oz. store-bought sweet and sour mix, such as Master of Mixes or Mr & Mrs T.
    Dark rum to taste/float (Especially good with Cruzan Black Strap if you can find it).

Method:
    Combine all ingredients except for the dark rum in a shaker filled with ice (I prefer cubed for this step). Shake the sh*t out of it and pour into 2 low-ball glasses filled with crushed ice (yup - shake with cubes, pour over crushed). gently float about an oz of dark rum over each drink - more or less according to taste. Garnish with an orange slice, lime wedge and or fresh pinapple wedge, if desired (I generally drink mine unadorned.)

After toasting, I like to stir the dark rum into the rest of the drink, but to each his own.

These were made with Goslings, not the Cruzan Black Strap, but it's what they look like for the most part.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Mai tai.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	45452

DEW
    Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here