Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Collins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom Collins

Need:
    • Rocks glass
    • 3 oz Gin
    • Either:
      • 4 oz Tom Collins mix
      • or
      • 3 oz Lemon Juice & 3 tsp superfine sugar
    • 4 oz Club soda (NOT tonic water)

Blend or shake the gin, TC mix (or lemon juice + sugar) with cracked or cubed ice. Top with club soda (not tonic water). IMO Beefeater gin makes the best TCs. Sweet & sour mix doesn't seem to work as well as the TC mix if you can find it.

Optional garnishes: 1 maraschino cherry and orange slice.

There are MANY variations on a good Tom Collins, adjust these ratios to your taste.

Sip. Then make another.
    Last edited by Huskee; July 10, 2014, 03:56 PM.

Huskee I think you are the only drinker here? someone else post a recipe to prove me wrong, I dare ya !!

Comment

Originally posted by rickmoorect View Post
    Huskee I think you are the only drinker here? someone else post a recipe to prove me wrong, I dare ya !!
    Looks that way so far doesn't it? Lol.

Comment

We're all aspiring to Huskee's example. Personally I think it'll be difficult, but I shall push through with much effort and determination!

Comment

That's a great recipe Huskee. I remember growing up in South Florida and my folks had Tom Collins on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
          That's a great recipe Huskee. I remember growing up in South Florida and my folks had Tom Collins on a regular basis.
          Thanks Barry. My wife was a die hard Long Island Iced Tea fan until I started ordering Tom Collins when we were out and then began making them at home....now it's one of her favs. And tons cheaper to make than LIIT.

Comment

Drinkers? Here? Perish the thought! I don't go for the hard stuff, gave that up in my 20's. Especially after my wedding, don't really recall the reception. Craft brews have my attention now, we in central PA have quite a few and they are spreading nation wide. Drink local...just saying...

Comment

• Dewesq55
              Dewesq55 commented
              Editing a comment
              Where in PA, chudzik?

• chudzikb
              chudzikb commented
              Editing a comment
              Lancaster...Home of the Amish!

I don't want to sound like an a$$, but gin should never be shaken. It bruises. Stirring is best.

Comment

Bruises? I don't have a refined enough palate to know the difference.

Comment

• Dewesq55
                Dewesq55 commented
                Editing a comment
                For the record, some claim it is bullspit and it might only apply to martinis anyway. I was just having a little fun.

DEW

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Doesn't James Bond want his martinis prepared "shaken, not stirred"? Lol. Who can argue with 007?

I'll give it a try...more of an Old Fashioned guy though. Bourbon, sugar, muddled cherry, bitters, splash of Cointreau. No soda water.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here