Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Willy's Margarita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Willy's Margarita

This is still a bit of a work in progress, but I thought I'd share it anyway in the hope of getting new ideas/twists (pun intentional). I do like it as presented.

To start, I am done buying ready-made sour mix--MAKE YOUR OWN! Secondly, my "sour mix" for margaritas probably doesn't have much use beyond margaritas-the OJ seems wrong for most sour mix applications. Anyway:

The Margarita: Equal parts sour mix and silver tequila (maybe more tequila than sour mix ). Don't go nutso using (wasting) expensive tequilas, a decent silver tequila will suffice. Costco sells a 1.75 liter bottle of Kirkland brand for around $20.

The Sour Mix: Equal parts of lime juice and freshly squeezed OJ. Add 1/4 to 1/2 part agave syrup (that is, a 1/4 part relative to the one part lime or OJ, NOT to the mixture of lime and OJ). You can use sugar, but I find the sugar often doesn't dissolve well since we aren't making a simple syrup over heat. I haven't tried honey yet. You could also mix some lemon juice in place of part of the lime and maybe cut back a bit on the OJ. I like my margaritas pretty tart, but add more sweetener if you wish.

I like mine on the rocks, no salt, but you could certainly salt the glass rim if you prefer. I don't even wanna THINK about turning a margarita into a slushy.

With you on the frozen margaritas, never been a fan. Except maybe when it's god-awful hot outside.

Mix is always interesting. I've seen plenty of versions with nothing more than triple sec and lime juice, but then other recipes insist on mix.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here