Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mai Tai Recipe For 4 drinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Mai Tai Recipe For 4 drinks

Ingredients

1/2 cup White Rum (I usually use Bacardi)
    2 fluid ounces Triple Sec
    1 fluid ounce Rose's Lime Juice
    3/4 cup orange juice (Just used bottled)
    3/4 cup pineapple juice (I get the 6 ounce cans)
    1/2 teaspoon Grenadine
    2 fluid ounces dark rum (I like to use Black Seal)

Directions

1. Mix the white rum, Triple Sec, Rose's Lime Juice, orange juice, and pineapple juice together.

2. Pour the mixture over a glass of ice.

3. Add a hefty dash of grenadine poured slowly down the side of the glass (Forms a red layer on the bottom)

4. Carefully (slowly) pour the 1/2 ounce of dark rum on the top (Forms a dark brown layer on top)

Notes:

Just as Trader Vic tempered Polynesian Cuisine to the tastes of North Americans, we've altered his drink recipe. Rock candy just isn't our style. Normally, we insist on only fresh juices in our cocktails, but we're not as picky with this drink.

If you mix this the right way, you will have a red layer on the bottom, a somewhat golden layer in the middle, and a dark brown Layer on the top.

Serving Ideas: Add a Red Maraschino cherry on a toothpick with a slice of orange or lime on the rim of the glass

Here's mine for 2 drinks:

4 oz. sweet and sour mix (I use the Lite ine)
    2 oz gold rum
    2 oz pineapple rum (I prefer Malibu)
    2 oz orange liqueur, like Gran Gala
    2 oz amaretto (almond flavor is essential to a Mai Tai)
    Cruzan Blackstrap rum for floating (Can use a different dark rum but it won't be as good)

Fill a large shaker about 3/4 of the way with cubed ice. Add all ingredients except the dark rum. Shake really well until very cold. Fill 2 glasses about 1/2 way with crushed ice. Pour the shaken drinks evenly between the 2 glasses, leaving about 1/2" to the rim. Float dark rum on top of the each glass. Garnish if that's your thing with an orange slice and stick of fresh pineapple. Pretend you are in Hawai'i.

Comment

Wheres the orgeat syrup? Haha

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what the amaretto it's a substitute for.

• Juddlight
        Juddlight commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmm I'll have to try that

Here's a picture of one I'm drinking right now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160808_172127-01.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	206193

Comment

OMG, I got the Cruzan Blackstrap. Love the stuff, but hadn't thought of a way to use it. This may be perfecto!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here