Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch of Old Fashioneds

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Batch of Old Fashioneds

    Batch of Old Fashioneds for tomorrow's tailgate. I used standard MM to keep 'em on the lower ABV & sweeter side, agave syrup, water* and Fee Bros Turkish Tobacco bitters.

    They will be garnished with Luxardo cherries & orange twists..



    *added to make up for the dilution that occurs when they're stirred.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260926_123829.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	1889002


    ​

    #2
    Cool label!

    Comment


      #3
      Nice batch! Do you always use agave for your OFs? Enjoy the game tomorrow!

      Comment


      • Skinsfan1311
        Skinsfan1311 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks and yes. I used to make simple syrup but switched to agave years ago when we ran out of SS. I only use a bar spoonful anyway & can't tell the difference. Agave is more versatile than SS anyway. For the record, I prefer rye, but made this batch for a crowd & the Maker's is more approachable.

      #4
      My go to is a sugar cube, two shakes of ag bitters, two shakes of orange bitters, ice, bourbon, and then stir it with the spoon from the cherry jar. Never though of batching it up and bottling it.

      Comment


      • Skinsfan1311
        Skinsfan1311 commented
        Editing a comment
        Never made a batch either, but everybody liked it.

      #5
      You’re going to Skins Seahawks? Cool. Have fun. I haven’t been to a pro game in years.

      Comment


      • Skinsfan1311
        Skinsfan1311 commented
        Editing a comment
        We go to every home game

      • JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Skinsfan1311 wow. Your moniker is truth!

      #6
      We started prebatching cocktails last year, and it’s been the way to go when serving a crowd.

      Comment


        #7
        From Nicole at Allrecipes.com on YouTube. Make ahead, freezer door Old Fashioned

        https://www.youtube.com/shorts/f coctail6N5WRjI-Mc

        I like a lot of her recipes.

        As always, YMMV
        Last edited by Purc; September 28, 2026, 06:17 AM.

        Comment


        • Lynn Dollar
          Lynn Dollar commented
          Editing a comment
          Nicole is big hit in this household. My wife loves her recipes. And I enjoy her also. She does love her cocktails, too.

        • Lynn Dollar
          Lynn Dollar commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope this is good, we just used a $40 bottle of Elijah Craig on this recipe. Straight rye.

        • Lynn Dollar
          Lynn Dollar commented
          Editing a comment
          Nicole used a cinnamon stick when making the simple syrup. We're using Monin sugar free simple syrup. So we put the cinnamon stick in the bottle of rye. Gonna leave it there a couple of days. I hope it turns out good.

        #8
        After 48 hours with the cinnamon stick in the bottle of Elijah Craig, I can say Nicoles mix is a winner.

        Using Monin sugar free simple syrup, this drink has very few carbs and calories.

        After spending several months sacrificing to lose 30#'s , my battle now is to keep from putting that weight back on . And low carb drinks like this really help.

        Comment


        • Lynn Dollar
          Lynn Dollar commented
          Editing a comment
          Purc we did not follow Nicole's recipe exactly. She put the cinnamon stick in her simple syrup, which she made on the stove. Because we were using Monin sugar free, we put the cinnamon stick in the bottle for a couple of days.

          And that turned out just right for us. I think if we'd left in another day or two, it would've over flavored the drink.

          But we will be doing this again, no doubt.

        • SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Lynn Dollar I bet you extracted more cinnamon flavor that way…..

        • Lynn Dollar
          Lynn Dollar commented
          Editing a comment
          SheilaAnn very possibly. But the bottle was in the freezer which had to slow down the flavor assimilation .

          I would like to try the drink just as Nicole prepared it, with sugar and water and cinnamon on the stove. I may do that. So I could compare.

      Announcement

      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      0
      Guest
      Guest
      500
      ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
      7