Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cocktails for the weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floridita
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220610_223521.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	1235073
    • 1 1/2 ounces rum
    • 1/2 ounce lime juice
    • 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
    • 1/8 ounce white crème de cacao
    • 1/8 ounce grenadine
    Combine all ingredients in shaker tin.
    Add ice to small shaker tin.
    Shake vigorously, until tin is frosted over.
    Strain into chilled cocktail glass
    Garnish with lime wedge and enjoy.

Comment

There is a little something I have been drinking lately. I call it Dan's Summer Time Junkyard Mule.

Ingredients
      1/2 shot vodka
      1/2 shot grand marnier
      2 bada bing Cherries
      about 1 tsp bada bing cherry juice
      1/4 slice of lime and lemon about 1/4" thick
      ice, crushed is best
      Bundaberg ginger beer

Direction
      Add liquor, cherries, and cherry juice. Smash cherries.

Add ice so the ice is above the liquor by a couple inches.

Squeeze citrus on to the ice and drop in the rind.

Fill with ginger beer.

Stir and enjoy

Comment

For me, it’s Negroni season now:

Name:	5ED10258-18D5-4888-8363-B54C254E3ECA.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1235327

Comment

I made Huskee 's Key Lime Pie cocktail and it was delicious. Nice work, Huskee. CandySueQ should have used this in her competition because it would have blown them away.

Name:	r8RiIP1gq0mYgjhKQooVUPxu6u4_lQmHP6S7UqjImtE3AsQ75cArIq6rON36K-GIksALL91up7x32H1n1NyUNwCbLsjbjv1QBCGp5Z9SxpXg5OmFixAHvJbBfBu76j470OegSAqFjZtScxGnRjp_Bkq9dwhOM0K4_4UJCLe67aHxJExMrjv3sO2Scc3nls6Fz2L-_oawe4K-zXjbxE-0z8CsgXhRwXldZ12QdkjhztIrRX1dM88ufZRUbcg1bUe
Views:	103
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	1236306

​​​​​​​

Comment

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            Now that looks amazing! I gotta make those!

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I am honored! I will share the recipe a bit later....

• CandySueQ
            CandySueQ commented
            Editing a comment
            You’re right! Don’t know where I finished. My marshmallows weren’t melting!

I had my first Martinez this weekend at a speak easy in Colorado Springs called Brooklyn’s on Boulder. If that wasn’t one of the best cocktails I have ever had!

What was even cooler - I tried this with there jalapeno infused house gin. It was a great play on the slight sweet and then spice on the backend. So, I have already purchased the needed ingredients I did’t have (maraschino liqueur, orange bitters) and will be giving this cocktail a make later this week.

I am thinking of infusing some gin with the leftover jalapenos I have from the garden…..perhaps.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a great cocktail and maraschino liqueur is one of my favorite liqueurs. You'll easily find more uses for it.

• Dadof3Illinois
            Dadof3Illinois commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been using my Serranos and Jalapeno's to steep in both my Rum and Tequila. Doing some Ghost Peppers in some Vodka right now for the Bloody Mary's this weekend!!...yum.

Not so much of a cocktail as a shot, but seasonal libation none the less…

1 part Baileys salted caramel Irish cream.
          3 parts caramel vodka.

Enjoy as quickly or slowly as desired. ‘Tis the season!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here