Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May be the end of my drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May be the end of my drinking

End of days..... https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...battle-n935346

It won't go anywhere, if it does it'll be back.

As big of fan as I am of those AAL lightweight American styles, and Pabst is definitely included, I think Hamm's is better. It went away then came back. Pabst will do it too.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Never had you begged for Hamm's, the beer refreshing, Hamm's kind of guy. Now I'll have that darn jingle in my head for the rest of the day, thanks.....

I'm not totally sure, but I think there are a few other brands available.

Comment

Stop making Miller Light and keep making PBR. I cut my teeth on PBR, Schlitz. and Strohs

Comment

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        Strohs Milk Shakes!

So many beers. So little time. Won’t stop me.

Comment

Someone will pick it up. Because money.

Comment

Man, a LOT of country lyrics are gonna haf'ta change if PBR goes away...

Comment

• JGo37
            JGo37 commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee I was thinking that was one of the songs they wrote together....

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I was thinking of Toes, "Not a worry in the world a PBR on the way, life is good today- life is good today". Buffet sings with them in Knee Deep, but I don't think he actually co-wrote it, I could be wrong on that.

• JGo37
            JGo37 commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee Garth is credited for co-writing a couple songs on an album. He claims it's because he bought the pizza.

What ever happened to Wiedeman, bottled in the little brown bottles.....

Comment

• JGo37
            JGo37 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ran off with Little Kings...

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            Little kings, another classic. Last time i was in cincinnati i bought several cases of them.

What? Lone Star is on the chopping block, too? We lost LBJ's favorite beer, Pearl, already.

One of the best ways to spend an afternoon in San Antonio when I was stationed at Fort Sam Houston was to visit the Lone Star brewery. The two freebies you got were a bonus.

Comment

• JGo37
            JGo37 commented
            Editing a comment
            I had to wait 120 days at sea for each time I got two free beers.

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            Lone Star too? Noooooooooooo!!!

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea well Lone Star ain't Lone Star anymore anyway......

I’m still mourning over the loss of Falls City... although it is now a craft beer in Louisville... but I don’t get there enough. If someone takes my PBR too then there may be problems.

...Rednecks, White Socks, and Blue Ribbon Beer!...

Comment

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            The new Falls City is more of an IPA type hipster thing that doesn't resemble the original, unfortunately.

Pabst is in every single bar here and there are a hall of q lot of bars. It's going nowhere. We even have pabst music festivals here.

Comment

Next thing you know you won't be able to get Carling Black Label, or Yacht Club Cream Ale.

When I was in college, in the 70's we buried my Wildcat in a cornfield in Andover OH with a full case of Yacht Club on the front seat. Dug the grave with a backhoe and drove it in. At least I know where to get some...

Comment

Well all I have to say is it will be a tough go for me..... pretty sure I depend on it , it’s not served in any bars out here

Comment

Hate to see another American Icon go if does go but at least there still a billion other beers left to choose from.

Comment

• Mudbeaver
                  Mudbeaver commented
                  Editing a comment
                  None are the same, I might even switch back to Molson, at least they’ll always be there

• Mudkat
                  Mudkat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oooh Molson! I haven't had that in a long time. Gets me to thinking...

• Mudkat
                  Mudkat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Another one I liked was Labatts Blue. Now you could go a whole new route and start drinking a Scottish beer called Snake Venom. You might need to wash it down with a shot of whiskey!

Which gets me to thinking...

Guess there’s always genessee and genessee cream ale, my insides will get used to it. I think. Maybe, just have to carry spare skibbys till they do lol

Comment

• JGo37
                  JGo37 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's what I drank in college... we had an empty Genny pyramid in our room, floor to ceiling.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here