Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just don’t like sour beers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don’t like sour beers.

I can’t say I’m not trying. Everything about this beer is exactly what the brewer intended it to be. I can taste the nuances, I understand the balance and the choices. Sour beer lovers think it is absolutely grand, based on what people are saying at RateBeer and BeerAdvocate.

I just don’t like it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	63FF27A4-162E-454C-AAF7-683CE83ABB00.jpeg
Views:	269
Size:	235.1 KB
ID:	542986

I would be disappointed cause it looks like a Bloody Mary and I like Bloody Mary's!

Comment

Just say NO to sour beer. Now, IPAs...them's good drinks to me.

Comment

That is ……… different. wow.

Comment

IPAs and sours are gross; just nasty. Here, take my ManCard.

Comment

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            Right there with you, snowswamp

Different for sure. I don't like hoppy beers. Bitterness is measured with IBUs, (International Bitterness Units). The scale goes from 0 to at least 100. I can't drink anything over 30, and don't really enjoy anything over 20.

Comment

Ur crazy. Sour beers are the best, lol.

Comment

Hey maybe you can sooos veed it & make it better, it is French it looks like.

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                More likely Belgian. French beer is like Coors lager or Dos Equis - you know, the watery stuff.

Guess I was wrong about that - it's American!
                Last edited by EdF; August 5, 2018, 10:17 AM.

Love sour beers. With any strong flavor - sour, IPA, whatever - I have to switch it up after 2 or 3.

Comment

As an avid brewer, I LOVE my sours! As a beer judge, IPA's, though I love a dang good IPA, they have ruined the whole thing for me. I mean, I can microwave the saltiest steak you ever ate in your life. That don't make it good.

Comment

Not a sour (not that there’s anything wrong with that) fan ... I just loves my ales, whether brewed by me or by someone more qualified 😎 ...

Comment

• Henrik
                    Henrik commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My man, I love ale too! Everyone else can have the IPAs :-)

Originally posted by lonnie mac View Post
                  As an avid brewer, I LOVE my sours! As a beer judge, IPA's, though I love a dang good IPA, they have ruined the whole thing for me. I mean, I can microwave the saltiest steak you ever ate in your life. That don't make it good.
                  Bitter I am okay with. It’s the sour that gets me. That above is an American wild farmhouse ale, something the brewer lavished with a lot of love. And I appreciate that he did that. It does nothing for me, though.

I think there is a disconnect between what beer is and what it could be, and it is something played out at the extremes. On the one hand, beer is common and plebeian: if that is your take, then what you see as a great beer is balanced and easy drinking. There are hundreds of brews of many styles that fit this. Great Lakes Dortmunder Pils. Bell’s Two Hearted Ale. Anchor Steam.

Or, beer is anything that you want it to be, and the more outrageous the better! Dogfish 120. Dragon’s Milk Bourbon Barrel Stout. Le Seul XVIII.

If I were to choose between the interpretations, I would passionately say that it is whatever you want it to be, rationalizing that that includes plebeian, without excluding the joyous experimentation that leads to (sometimes) incredible results. But my own personal preferences, while sometimes stretching, are for those balanced and beautiful commons. Ill pick up a bottle of Troeg’s Scratch Beer 299, but I’ll rely on a 12 pack of Troeg’s Dry Hopped Pilsner.

Comment

Not much of a sour fan myself. I definitely will drink it, but prefer other styles. I admire you for trying it once in a while!

Comment

I've found 1 sour I could have more than a single sip of, just not my thing... wife has liked 2 sours, she hates beer. I'll stick to getting rank IPA's and laughing at her face when she takes a taste sip.

Comment

No sour beer for me. No IPA either. Most everything else I am fine with.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here