Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like Hormel Chili Cheese Dip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you like Hormel Chili Cheese Dip?

Austin-based Hormel decided to ask a brewer to make a Chili Cheese beer

Click image for larger version

Name:	1BREW012423.jpg?w=525&h=600&format=auto%2Ccompress&cs=tinysrgb&auto=compress&crop=faces&dpr=1.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	1366809

source: https://www.startribune.com/fans-of-...all/600245973/

Some things are just too unnatural to even consider.

Comment

Although I enjoy Hormel Chili on a hotdog once in a while, I do not think it would make a good beer flavor.

Comment

This always comes to mind when I see this kind of stuff
        Click image for larger version  Name:	03BD3064-59F0-4C10-A216-0EB0A247F89C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.9 KB ID:	1366847

Comment

One thing not in the press release: does the beer have beans?

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Beans, where do you think carbonation comes from?

I’m not a fan of Shiner but I’d drink a pitcher of it before trying that. 🤢

Comment

Chili + Cheese + Beer -- How bad could it be?

Comment

well....if everything in the fridge is gone and ya just gotta have another beer before you hit the road....
              I'm in.

Comment

Not today or tomorrow or April 1st. That's my FINAL answer. (I'm hoping this is April Fools early)

Comment

I would try it, I've been surprised by quite a few beers that I would have normally skipped

Comment

Hard pass here. Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you always SHOULD do it!

This reminds me of a story...

A number of years ago - maybe 10 - a guy came to our local homebrew club and passed around samples of a beer he called his "pizza beer". He literally made it with pureed tomatoes, garlic and basil. He then asked how could he get rid of some of the aroma and aftertaste issues in this beer he was so proud of he had made it 5 or 10 times. I think he was insulted when everyone got up and rinsed their glasses out after telling him to fix it by NOT putting tomatoes and garlic in his beer...

We never saw "pizza beer guy" again, but occasionally bring him up at the monthly meetings as an example of how not to ask for opinions from a bunch of brutally honest engineers and scientists, if you don't want us to share our opinion with you... I am sure his family and close friends had told him his beer was good. It was not....

Comment

On the other hand -- many of us do put beer in our chili. So maybe this isn't such a terrible idea?

Comment

I am sorry, if there are no beans it is not chili...

Comment

lol....I read the post title and then saw the category, then the time stamp. Thought to myself, "huh, the moderators are usually silly quick on moving threads to where they should be. I wonder how they missed this one."

Well, I was certainly wrong!

Comment

• Huskee
                            Huskee commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Ha! I noticed the same and came here with my topic-moving hat on!

Reading the article and how they make it, I'd try it for sure. I tried to order a 4-pack, but as with most online alcohol sellers, they do not ship to MI surprise surprise.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here