Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brew that Beer Padre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brew that Beer Padre

Well, being from a hot bed of microbrewing, it was a matter of time before I brewed a batch of my own. Yep, it happened with the help of a neighbor down the street. We got a new red ale going and used a smoked lemon for a little added flavor.

I can't wait to taste it with a big Ole hunk of red meat fresh off the grill. After that beer is gone the question will be what's next.

Maybe drink the beer currently chilling on the top shelf of the fridge. Who wants to join me for a taste or two?

BEER?

Did somebody say, BEER?

Comment

• FleetingSmoke
      FleetingSmoke commented
      Editing a comment
      B double-E R!

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Got ya!

I’m a brewer as well, for the past 12 years or so anyway. I find that it’s a nice creative outlet, just like my cooking and bbq game…

I have a son in law who helps, and we both have kegerators, so I am usually brewing two 5 gallon kegs worth at a time (13 gallon boil).
    Last edited by jfmorris; July 3, 2022, 10:17 PM.

Comment

I’m not a brewer nor a padre but I drink beer brewed by Trappist monks. Does that count?

Comment

• FleetingSmoke
        FleetingSmoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Without a doubt! Do tell what beer is brewed by said Brothers of the Cloth!

• WayneT
        WayneT commented
        Editing a comment
        This will be the start of reworking the pages devoted to my favorite Belgian beers. At some point I intend to have my Top 10 by province, but I really didn’t think that including Trappist beers with my standard favorites diluted the intention of the actual Top 10 list. Although I would actually include 2 […]

My favorites on that list are Chimay and Westmalle.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here