Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 25 Worst Beers in the World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 25 Worst Beers in the World

Merely reporting the facts presented on the Beer Advocate website.

No judgement if one of these is your favorite, and we're pretty sure that some of you may have partaken in at least one or more of these yourselves over the years. And yes, we don't know why there are non-alcoholic "beers" on this list either.

(full disclosure: at least one of these may or may not be in our beer fridge down the hall right now)

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/worst/
    1. Budweiser Select 55
    2. Natty Light
    3. Sharp's
    4. Keystone Light
    5. Natty Ice
    6. Miller 64
    7. Beer 30 Light
    8. Millwaukee's Best Light
    9. Bud Light
    10. Busch Ice
    11. Bud Ice
    12. Busch Light
    13. Michelob Ultra
    14. Bug Light & Clamato Chelada
    15. Keystone Premium
    16. Corona Light
    17. Beer 30
    18. Keystone Lager
    19. Carlton Cold
    20. O'Doul's
    21. Red Dog
    22. Coors Light
    23. Sleeman Clear
    24. Busch Beer
    25. Keystone Ice

Ha!

Reading the top 10 took me right back to college…… Natty Ice especially

Comment

I agree with all the ones on that list that I have drank!

Comment

I mean it's ranked by an app for beer snobs... Just surprised O'Douls is so low, Heineken makes a much better tasting 0 alcohol beer though my favorite is the one St Paulie Girl makes... only indulged on those in sandy hot countries where they kill you for drinking a real beer

Comment

I swill Coors Light and Michelob Ultra on occasion. They're really not in the same class as a craft beer or traditional lagers. I think they have their place.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep! My cousin turned my wife & I on to beer-ritas, where you splash a little tequila & lemonade into a light beer. They're great. One beach trip we didn't have lemonade and discovered straight tequila worked just fine too. Another trip I had no tequila, only bourbon. I was surprised to find that a shot of bourbon in a lite beer makes it taste caramel-ly and quite tasty. Easy to overdo it and ruin it though, gotta be moderate. Take a swig of a new beer, then add a little glug-glug-glug.

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee my standard drink these days is straight whiskey or tequila (depending on the season) or straight with a beer back. If I'm at home wine is in the mix too. I'll definitely give your concoctions a shot.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Context matters I'm sure. Might not be the tastiest thing on a cold day at home, but in hot weather with sand & waves they're mighty fine!

#22…!?!…..Blasphemous I say! And where is PBR on that list? It should be in the top 10 at least…
          Last edited by Panhead John; January 7, 2022, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            PBR in Canada is brewed under license by Sleeman in Guelph so its Canadainized US beer.
            Used to be most US beers were imported but with all the brewery buyouts and joint ventures majority of beers are brewed here now.
            Only exception I know of is Coors Banquet beer, Coors refuses to let it be licensed.

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Coors Light should be on a discontinued worst beer list. Number One.

• bardsleyque
            bardsleyque commented
            Editing a comment
            hipsters love PBR that's why it's served alongside real beer.

None of those appeal to me. Nevertheless, the list is horse hockey. They’re all light beers, adjunct lagers, and non alcoholic brews. That’s like ranking the worst pop artists in the world, and starting with Barry Manilow. Well, he might not be to your taste, but he’s popular and you can’t deny he’s talented. I’ve read that making IPAs in bulk are relatively easy; it’s making a light lager that’s hard. But I don’t brew, so what do I know. Nevertheless, drink what you like, and don’t look back.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            "I drink the beer that makes the whole world..............pee?"

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            HawkerXP 🤣🤣🤣

What? No Ice House? You kidding me? That stuff would get us rip roaring drunk back in the day. By far the best fuel for beer pong and flip cup. But man was it terrible. A dirty 30 was only $13.99 so.........

Comment

Not surprised to see the NA beers there. Most are pretty terrible.

I like Partake no alcohol/super low carb beers, they have a Radler, Peach Gose, Red, Blonde, Stout, IPA and Pale. Much better than any of the available NA beers I can find, including St. Paulie Girl. I used to drink Buckler NA beer but ditched it because of the carbs. pkadare turned me on to Partake. Now I have several cases in the garage. I watch and stock up when they're on sale.

I use NA beers for my second beer of the day or meal, since my brainpower is inversely proportional to the number of "real" beers I drink.

Kathryn

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s some great stuff Kathryn. Love it.

How is Grain Belt not on that list?

Comment

• Skip
              Skip commented
              Editing a comment
              Grain Belt is now brewed by Shells in New Ulm MN which is only about 70 miles from me. Shells is the second oldest brewery in the USA.

What ever is on sale, face it we rent beer we don't buy it.

Comment

The twist... those are all the same (crappy) beer!

Comment

Someone sure has a hard on for Anheuser-Busch InBev. 10 of the 25 were Bud products. I do agree that Michelob Ultra is complete garbage. It's like drinking water with a little beer mixed in. I used to be a huge fan of Michelob too. Drank that stuff all through my 20s. It's the reason I am who I am today

I think I pretty much agree with the list however. Unfortunately it could probably go on and on. Corona Premier, for instance, is horrible, maybe worse than Corona Light. I actually like and often slam Coronas, especially in the summer it's a nice light lager. How they could screw it up so badly with their other offering is beyond me.

Comment

• mnavarre
                  mnavarre commented
                  Editing a comment
                  By my count 14 are AB products, possibly more since there's a few I have no idea who produces them.

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh really? I'm not familiar with all their products. If it's 14, as you say, that defiantly sounds like a disgruntled employee. I did some work at their Houston plant about 6 years ago, treated us like trash. I've hated InBev ever since, refuse to drink their products.

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Funny peoples tastes, Ultra is my go to right now even though it is the Cdn version brewed by Labatt's in London.
                  If I don't buy Ultra its PBR's, again the Cdn Version brewed by Sleeman in Guelph.
                  Having worked at MolsonCoors I have your same opinion of Coors light, its urinal rinse.
                  Major breweries are wondering why they lose market share to wine and liquor producers. And why they can't break into the female market.
                  You can add whatever flavoring....its still beer.

Can't say that I disagree

Comment

I've had 20 of them. I've probably enjoyed 10 of them and I had no idea Red Dog was still made. I guess I know what my weekend project is, I need to find me some Red Dog. WOOF!

Comment

• smokin fool
                    smokin fool commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Think I still got an old Red Dog hat around here somewhere

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here