Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do ya like heat in your beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chudzikb
    replied
    I do like the heat in beer. Has to start with a great beer though. I have had the bottom of a keg once, there was sweat pouring down my face. The staff apologized and gave me another better one. I was good with that.

Leave a comment:

• Starsky
    replied
    Nope

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome to The Pit.

• danrobinson
    replied
    I would pass it, that's uncultured. But, why would someone like a Hot Beer?

Woods for smoking chicken
    Last edited by danrobinson; April 2, 2021, 11:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SheilaAnn
    replied
    latenight71 you have to go to my friends shop.

She has the best miche menu! As for spicy beer (infused with spice), no thank you. But in the case of a miche, depends on the recipe.

and she makes the best pimento cheese!

Leave a comment:

• Santamarina
    replied
    I *love* spicy food, and I’ve entered several habanero eating competitions, but there are two things I absolutely do NOT want heat in (both of which I’ve tried multiple versions of) - ice cream and beer!

Leave a comment:

• scottranda
    commented on 's reply
    Steve B I could’ve wasted the beer. My palate didn’t like it!

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    Or beer. 😁

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    Oh lord. You didn’t just mention PBR ? 😂

• latenight71
    replied
    Micheladas are popular in So Cal with its proximity to Mexico but I personally like the Taxco, Guererro, version, which is a can of icy Tecate topped with lime, salt and salsa bufalo. !es muy rico!

Click image for larger version

Name:	BufaloClasica_990g_cb21facf-0a0e-4363-acc0-8abafdd7c7ef.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	1008394

Leave a comment:

• JCGrill
    replied
    I've had more than three chili pepper beers, although I can't remember all the names. Stone Brewing makes a pair of them they call "Crime" and "Punishment." SWMBO and I decided we'd try Punishment first, because that was going to be the hotter of the two, right? It was tough to drink. Then we tried Crime. Boy were we wrong. It was far worse, and aptly named if you ask me, because it's a crime to treat beer that way. I won't be going back to the well anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    replied
    I have to wait another week to try it, but I made a bunch of chipotles for a brewing friend a while back. He said it smelled very peppery and was extremely active so we'll find out... plan to cheat and share on SUWYC since technically I cooked the ingredient even if someone else brewed it... but as far as heat in beer, I don't want it spicy but I've had some VERY good ghost pepper beers that had the aroma and slight heat but still did their own thing. Also had a few where I might as well have drank cold hot sauce, no thanks.

Leave a comment:

• scottranda
    replied
    I accidentally bought a spicy beer once. I hated it. It was the only beer I hated in my life. Bought the 4-pack of course. Still drank all of it. Didn’t want to waste money. 😅

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    Not my cuppa tea....or pint of beer....I want a icy cold beer to get away from the heat not increase it.

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    NO!!!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here