Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double S BBQ - Madison, WI Monroe St

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double S BBQ - Madison, WI Monroe St

So i went there on march 3rd. they are more of a texas bbq place (only place i know where you can buy lone star) so i was shooting for some good brisket. i ordered the brisket and smoked sausage with a jalapeno popper on the side.

the brisket might have been good, it's hard to say. they make a lot of fuss about how their brisket is award winning but i did not experience an award winning brisket. they finish it or warm it up in some kind of beer and in my meal that was all i tasted. no smoke, no rub, no natural beef flavor. it was like a beer brat with the texture of a pot roast. i did not care for it. my wife also got brisket. after finishing hers she tried mine and said mine was WAY more beer-y than hers was so it makes me think they do this individually otherwise they would have tasted the same.

the smoked sausage was awesome. it was juicy and flavorful and fairly large. the only place it was kind of dry was where the sausage broke the casing. the sauce helped that.

the popper was good. wrapped in bacon with some cream cheese in the middle. it was house made and better than most i've had. it had some good heat to it too!

they have 2 sauces, original and hot. since my mouth was a little on fire from the popper i just tried the original. it was pretty good. i was disappointed i had to use sauce on my brisket. it was more tomato based and not overly sweet.

i haven't tried the ribs. i do want to go back but i won't be getting the brisket

Sadly, Double S has closed their storefront on Monroe St. I thought they were still operating on a mobile basis, but their website has not been updated and still suggests that storefront is open.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here