Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shout out to Southern' style cookin' in Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shout out to Southern' style cookin' in Superior

Sorry. Can no longer recommend this place. The food has gotten very inconsistent from one visit to the next, and that's even when they get the order correct in the first place.

One of the cooks admitted to me that she didn't make everything from scratch, like she says she does.

I've been regularly over charged.

And frankly, the service had taken taken a down turn. Nothing like sitting at the bar and getting no service, finally getting someone's attention who is just standing and talking, only to be told that they aren't the bar tender while turning back to whomever and going on with their conversation.

I'm sure they will be successful. But not with my hard earned cash.
    Last edited by TheCountofQ; April 13, 2023, 05:12 PM.

That sounds like my kind of place.

Comment

Sounds great! I'm like that at my local brew pub. They are about to open an on site food truck, I have benefited from a few experimental treats in the last month.

Comment

Count! Ding, dang! It’s good to see yer mug & hear from ya again.

Comment

That sounds like a great place! Love getting to know the staff

Comment

Sounds like a fun place......oooo that drive.

Comment

While I was in Shiocton WI last week, I actually though I’d driving to Copper Harbor or Superior just to say I’ve been there and gazed upon the chilly waters of “the big lake they call Gitchigoomie”. It would have been a long day trip at 9 hours in the saddle, there and back. If I’d have known about this joint, it may have swayed me toward going. It really sounds like a fun place. Alas, it will have to wait for another trip. Hmmmm, I do have family in Eau Claire, much closer to Superior.

Comment

• TheCountofQ
                TheCountofQ commented
                Editing a comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                2 hrs plus, 150 miles.

Grew up in Superior and my mom still lives there. Will put this on the list of places to check out next time I’m there. Thanks for posting this!

Comment

• TheCountofQ
                TheCountofQ commented
                Editing a comment

Sounds like a terrific place, and Marcus sounds like my kinda guy…
              If I’m ever in the neighborhood. In the meantime, I’ma try me that there jalapeño juice cheesesteak thingamabob you speak of 😋

Comment

I will have to try that out next week sounds good

Comment

Sounds good but no pictures.

Comment

Last edited by TheCountofQ; April 13, 2023, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Last edited by TheCountofQ; April 13, 2023, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• bbqLuv
                      bbqLuv commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Those sound particularly good.
                      Do they have PBR on tap?

• TheCountofQ
                      TheCountofQ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Last edited by TheCountofQ; April 13, 2023, 05:14 PM.

Speaking of shout outs for Superior, I went to Silver King Smokehouse & Saloon in Superior AZ this past weekend. I had the brisket and pulled port and it was swell.

Comment

Last edited by TheCountofQ; April 13, 2023, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here