Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honey Pig Barbecue in Spokane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honey Pig Barbecue in Spokane

A new barbecue place just opened here in Spokane: Honey Pig Barbecue on the corner of Garland and Wall. They are only open Friday and Saturday for lunch and go from noon until they sell out. And of course I was their first customer ever when they opened for business today.

It was easily the best restaurant barbecue I have had here in Spokane. The brisket was better than any restaurant I have had outside of Texas. Simple rub of salt, pepper, and a little garlic. The only "beef" I had with the brisket is they sliced the point with the grain instead of across it. They cook the flat and point separate too.

Excellent pulled pork but I could have done with a LITTLE more salt in it. I tried a bacon wrapped chicken thigh stuffed with cream cheese and jalapeno but that wasn't my favorite. Mac and cheese was better than most too.

They use a real wood fired pit which is hard to come by around here and they smoke with apple wood since that is the only real smoking wood that is readily available in the area.

I will definitely go back and if you are in Spokane around lunchtime I would recommend it over any other place that is open right now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190531_120838.jpg Views:	1 Size:	879.4 KB ID:	688081

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190531_120843.jpg Views:	1 Size:	517.9 KB ID:	688082

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190531_122305.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.13 MB ID:	688083

I don't know about the que, but check out them wheels !!!! Pork looks good and the sides look killer.

Comment

• JoeSousa
      JoeSousa commented
      Editing a comment
      They had the pit custom built in Texas and the company drove it up here. I am pretty sure this was the company that built it: https://www.easttexassmokercompany.com/

Looking at the prices on their site I would guess this is about a $15,000 rig.

Sounds good.

Comment

There was zero BBQ worth eating when I lived in Spokane over 20 years ago. Glad things are getting better. I do miss Zips though, that tartar sauce opened a whole new world up to me for what French fries are supposed to be dipped in. Europe finished that off and now I use everything BUT ketchup... but Spokane started it for me.

Comment

• JoeSousa
        JoeSousa commented
        Editing a comment
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs I love Zips and their tarrter sauce. When I lived in Florida for a few years I would always get weird looks when I asked for tarter sauce with my fries.

Looks dang tasty, an of course, I Love th smoker!!!

Glad ya have a good go to, now, thereabouts!

Comment

That's some great looking q. Love the rig, it looks brand new. OK, you said you were their first customer, so it's not surprising that it looks new.

Comment

Are you suggesting they are better than Longhorn? Say it ain't so!

I have another bee class in June, hopefully they won't be sold out by the end of the class, but I'm not going to hold my breath!

JoeSousa have you tried The Tribune in Davenport?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here