Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benny's BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benny's BBQ

This was my favorite spot until I visited Alamo BBQ - now I'm not so sure. However, the pulled pork and ribs are very good, and they make some great onion rings in the evening. If you want a sandwich, get the plate anyway and buy a sandwich bun - it's a way better deal and you will have leftovers to take home.

We love reviews. Keep em coming!

Comment

I'm guessing this is Benny's in the Bon Air neighborhood of Richmond VA South of the James, and Alamo is near Jefferson Park. I haven't been to either; we usually hit Q Barbeque in Glen Allen when passing through as it's close to I-95/I-295 on the north side. We also tried the Q at Short Pump and liked it slightly better than the Glen Allen store, but it's a far distance when you're not out there for another reason.

I've now printed the map with both Benny's and Alamo on it. Summer trips and maybe a Flying Squirrels minor league baseball game . . .

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        If you are going to a b'ball game, you might want to check out Buz and Ned's just down the road from the ball field. I personally don't care for Q bbq although it is well cooked. The sauces are not my favorites. B & N has good reviews.

BUZ AND NED'S REAL BARBECUE - CLOSED, 1119 N Arthur Ashe Blvd, Richmond, VA 23230, 462 Photos, Mon - 11:30 am - 8:00 pm, Tue - 11:30 am - 8:00 pm, Wed - 11:30 am - 8:00 pm, Thu - 11:30 am - 8:00 pm, Fri - 11:30 am - 8:00 pm, Sat - 11:30 am - 8:00 pm, Sun - 11:30 am - 8:00 pm

I have been a long time customer of Benny's. I live down the street from them and wouldn't go anywhere else until a friend started having Alamo cater his parties. They both have a great product but I am currently leaning toward preferring Alamo.

Comment

There used to be a Benny's in my home town but it was a strip joint, never knew they served BBQ. Maybe I was too distracted by something to take notice.

Comment

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          NY Strip?

• ribeyeguy
          ribeyeguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here