Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Casa Tezcal - Midlothian VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casa Tezcal - Midlothian VA

This is a new Mexican restaurant in Midlothian VA. It has been getting rave reviews on local sites, and good reviews on Yelp. We decided to give it a try tonight. Everything was good, but not spectacular. I had chicken fajitas, and SWMBO had fish tacos. She thought hers was very good, and I thought mine was good. We will go back to try different things, but below is a photo of part of the alcohol menu. I don't drink hard liquor, so was somewhat taken aback by these "ultra premium" prices. Are they reasonable?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230113_174551[1].jpg
Views:	320
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1361379

I am not a tequila connoisseur, but I do know of a few good brands based on what I buy for my wife. But I use the tequila for a good margarita.

Casamigos, Patron, Don Julio are all decent brands. The Jose Cuervo reserva should be decent as well, as their higher priced bottles are better than the basic stuff.

Price wise, I don’t know how that relates to a bottle of each, but I’m sure each bottle is $50-100 stuff at a liquor store.

Others probably have a better idea on this than I though.

Comment

Hmm. One of the more expensive options is a $70 bottle. I would say, it is a bit pricey even for restaurants markup.

Attached Files

Comment

Should’ve just gone to Friendly’s in Midlo! 😆

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          All the Friendly's are long gone...

• scottranda
          scottranda commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh man! What a memory gone! That WAS my favorite spot to go in Midlo as a kid.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here