Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The BBQ Shack, Chesapeake, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BBQ Shack, Chesapeake, VA

Found a new BBQ place to check out, --The BBQ Shack, just off George Washington Highway in Chesapeake, VA. Not too far from the Post Office.

This is a little hole in the wall place with just a few seats on small plastic benches. I think they mostly cater to the lunchtime to-go crowd. Not sure how long they have been in business.

They do have an awesome pulled pork sandwich. Nice and moist and not all dried out like a lot of BBQ places. I had the sandwich “Carolina” style, with slaw on top and a bit of the vinegar sauce. You get a big ole pile of pulled pork on that sandwich.

I also had the baked beans as a side. These were pretty good too. Just a tad bit on the sweet side, and not your average baked bean side dish. I will be getting these again and try to copy the taste in my own recipe.

Been there twice and each time the brisket was sold out, gone, nothing but scraps. I did manage to score a just taste on my first visit. Hoping to get there one day for a big plate of the stuff.

Friday is ribs. They only do them once a week.

They cook on two large big green eggs, --or so the counter person told me. Not sure how they can make enough brisket, ribs, and pulled pork on those, but they seem to be managing. Maybe running out of food is part of the plan to help create a demand?

I still have the turkey, ribs, and brisket to try. Might try to hit them up tomorrow since I will be in the area.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here