Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snow's in Lexington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow's in Lexington

Our son lives in Austin and for the first time visiting him, we will be there over the weekend. I'm hoping to get to Snow's but wonder what time we need to be there. The one reference I found on AR said they got there at ~ 9:30 and there was almost no line. I know my wife won't want to eat that early, so I'm wonderin' how late we can arrive and still be assured of getting what we want.

Thanx for any help...

I'd still try to make it there early. They only open on Saturday and then until they run out. Otherwise they close right at lunch time.

Comment

Also wanted to add that if you're willing to trek over to Lexington from Austin you might also want to consider going down to Lockhart. It's actually a bit closer and you have Kruez's, Black's and Smitty's to choose from with all day service. It's like the Disney World of BBQ in Texas around there !!!

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd love to hit a bunch of Q spots, but my boss isn't too keen on smoked anything... I also only get to hit one burger joint and one Mexican/TexMex spot while in Austin...
        Last edited by RonB; February 5, 2020, 02:57 PM.

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        RonB - that is funny and way too familiar. When my son was in school at Tulane I made the trip out with him every year and stayed for days, eating. My wife would fly out and drive back with him. Their trips were much shorter.

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        Lockhart also has Chisholm Trail. They don't get as much publicity but they have held their own against Smitty's, Kruetz, and Blacks. I highly recommend Blacks if you go.

We got there just after 11am a few years ago, too late😒😂! But while in Austin, run down to south Austin (Manchaca Rd.) for Valentina’s — true Tex-Mex bbq not to be missed. Brisket tacos and other specialties not to be missed.,
      Last edited by Texas Larry; February 5, 2020, 03:43 PM.

Comment

This time of year I arrive at 7:30-8am, they open at 8. Usually not much of a line and you are sure of getting everything you need. The line picks up a lot after 8 am. If you show up at 7:30 (or earlier) and there is no line, or a short line, Tootsie or Kerry will usually show you the pits. Spring and summer is when the line is really long in my experience. You can also call ahead and place an order, pick up is at 9 or 10 am at the pit, no line waiting but you have to order two or three days in advance and it may be cash only.

Taylor is not too far from Austin/Lexington, Louie Mueller has great BBQ, some of the best in Texas.
        Last edited by 58limited; February 5, 2020, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 on Muellers

I gotta get one of my sons to move to Austin....
        I make down to Dallas Metroplex every Sept and love the BBQ, all be it some are better than others.
        Get the daughter in law/significant other to entertain the boss, you and sonny boy get out early and hit the pits.
        Boss gets cold leftovers.
        Disclaimer: If this causes marital strife you didn't hear it from me....
        Actually should just move to Austin myself!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here