Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Franklin BBQ Pilgrimage - Los Angeles to Austin Tx in 24 hrs - A Day In Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude what a great trip and write up! I felt it. Six a.m. for fourth in line? I'm for it. Tour of the pit? Damn what a coup! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Awesome - I'm so hungry right now!!!!! After reading the book I would love to go to Franklin's. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Sweet! Great pics and write up. I guess I really need to go.

Comment

My family and I had a similar experience last summer there. We lucked out in that we didn't arrive until about 1:15pm and they still had food to serve. We had brisket, turkey, and pulled pork; all was outstanding. We ate outside on the porch near the side door to the pit room (pre fire). As we were finishing our meal Aaron was standing by the door and we had a very nice conversation.

Comment

This is really cool! Definitely on my bucket list.

Comment

Thanks for the review, didn’t realize he was back open. Too bad you didn’t run into Aaron, he’s very personable and quite genuine. If you ever get a chance to go again, hit them up on a weekend for the beef ribs, to die for!!!!

Also, don’t forget a complete future Texas sojourn has to include a swing through Lockhart just down the road! You get multiple chews with one bite down there!!!

Comment

GREAT Trip! Except I am left so darned hungry!

Comment

$150 is way too much money for that amount of food.

With that said, $150 is a heck of a bargain for an experience like that.

Comment

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yea not bad for a guy who started out selling que parked by the freeway with a stick burner and an old broken down trailer. I'd love to charge $20/lb for my que and have folks lined up around the block....

• SoCalTim
                    SoCalTim commented
                    Editing a comment
                    AND (thou i didn't get a picture) he still has that trailer - it's parked out back. I bet it brings back some sweet memories from a simpler time in his bbq life ...

Awesome! I'm trying to plan a trip to the Austin area in October, we'll see how it goes! My family thinks it's crazy I'm planning on having them start lining up at 6AM for some BBQ, but to each his own! I hope they let me tour the pits!

Comment

I too would like to try Franklin's I don't have a trip to Austin planned yet,but I hear they also have moto g.p. near by....

Comment

Nice picture's and story. Is that BBQ as good as yours?

Comment

Wow that looks fantastic! I hope I can make it there one day!

Comment

Dude, SoCalTim that is SO COOL! Such respect for what Aaron has done. Your investment in the trip is well worth it!

Comment

Cost me $200 to get outa there
                            Yummster

link to my review
                            great experience

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                              Danjohnston949 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thom Emery, Great Write Up, Pic's and Link to Them‼️ I Envy You❗️ 👍👍👍👍👍 🤗😇🤗 👍👍👍👍👍
                              From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Sorry I missed this so many months ago, SoCalTim ... HOW COOL!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here