Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas - Pecan Lodge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas - Pecan Lodge

Open 11 to 3 weekdays or when they run out of BBQ, whichever comes first. They serve lunch and dinner over the weekend. http://www.pecanlodge.com/

Brisket - 5 Stars
    Pulled Pork - 4 Stars
    Chicken - Not ordered
    Ribs - Not ordered

They slow smoke their brisket and pulled pork for 14 hours and you can tell. The brisket was tender and juicy on the inside and crunchy on the outside with a very thick black bark. It had a nice smoke ring with a heavy smoke taste in a good way. The pulled pork was similar, but not as juicy, which is why I rated it 4 stars. I would say Pecan Lodge's everyday brisket is as good as what I make, but I prefer my own pulled pork. Overall I give them a highly recommended.

Note - The line really gets backed up at this place. There were at least 100 people waiting to order when we showed up around 11:30. I've heard it can get even longer. The line moves fast though and the food is WORTH IT.

That looks like real barbecue IMO, wonderful.
    Let's see- Google Maps says Farwell, MI to Dallas, TX is only 18hrs 20 min and 1,212 mi, and about $186 gas one way. If I leave now I can eat dinner there tomorrow. I'll take your word on it Dave!

Comment

Is that fried okra?

Comment

• MagWarrior
        MagWarrior commented
        Editing a comment
        Fried okra gets the yuck! Meter out for me!!

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Fried okra is the best ... it's boiled that should send you running and screaming from the scene of the culinary crime scene ...

This place is legit. I had the brisket and the spare ribs - 5 stars for sure. I've had Franklin several times, and Pecan Lodge is on par. Of course, that's why they were rated the 2nd best BBQ in TX!

Comment

Yeah they started in the Farmers Market in Dallas and blew up. Cool story a guy lost his crappy corp job and started selling bbq. Lockhart is also legit. They have the true burnt ends, not just chopped up and re-smoked point.

Comment

Excellent food at Pecan Lodge! Lockhart Smokehouse is also pretty tasty!

Comment

The beef ribs are off the charts. If you go with 4-6 people order the trough - some of everything.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here