Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Pitmasters Series – The Young Guns – Brett’s of Katy, Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delightful write up. Also, interesting to realize that Katy is the geographic center of the population of the Greater Houston Area.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 2.51.18 PM.png
Views:	145
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	1123066

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      That's interesting. You know when I first moved to Houston in 1975 they said the center was right around Dairy Ashford and I-10 moving toward Katy. At that time I couldn't imagine Katy being a part of greater Houston. Now the next town on the list is Sealy, they're already crowding Brookshire on the west !!

Definitely appreciate the write up! Turns out I’ve passed by this place hundreds of times- about 1 mile from my house 😄 tried the brisket and also the garlic burger special, both were excellent and the sides were great too👍 Definitely recommended, just get there earlier than later. Thanks!

Comment

I am going to visit my daughter who lives in Katy for a couple of weeks in June and was looking for places to go and things to do. Looks like this place is about 1/2 mile from her house. If they are still there and still in business, I'll definitely have to check it out.

Comment

• gcdmd
        gcdmd commented
        Editing a comment
        As of now, they're still open.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Indeed they are open and thriving. They also have specials on certain days of the week which are non-barbecue related. They’re also in the process of building a brand new store with a full service bar. They’re definitely on the move upward.

• MarkN
        MarkN commented
        Editing a comment
        I have notified my daughter that we will be stopping by there at least one time during my visit. On a pre-pandemic visit, I dragged her to Burn's Original BBQ (since I had seen it on an old Anthony Bourdain show). Yes, we are into these father-daughter food adventures.

I visited the new location today with the fam. Between all of us we had the brisket, pork ribs, brisket enchiladas and brisket tacos, along with mac & cheese, cornbread pudding and the out of this world slaw. My review: O. M. G.

Brett himself even stopped by our table to ask how we liked it. Super nice and humble guy. I'll for sure be back!

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        PM me next time, love to hook up for lunch!!

Excellent write-up! Can't wait to go to his place!

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I need to get over to LC and see you guys as well. Good to hear from you Paul.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here