Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goldee’s Barbecue - Texas Ranked #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goldee’s Barbecue - Texas Ranked #1

For those following the recently released Texas Top 50 barbecue joints from Texas Monthly magazine, we all know that the torch has been passed to Goldee’s barbecue in Fort Worth as number one in Texas. It would appear that the lines and the ability to get in there have now reached both Snow’s and Franklin‘s level. With fame comes the crowds.

https://www.wfaa.com/amp/article/new...d-e782890b3fd7

Earned honors no doubt. Those outcomes put the pressure on we mere mortals to find the less publicized pit masters who produce very good product and don't have crazy lines. And a little luck like we had at Miller's this past weekend.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, Miller's was a great experience. Plus, we got to hang out in your stompin' grounds and had a fun visit to Lea's stables! I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to see you to say goodbye, I thoroughly enjoy our conversations and your wit and wisdom. But, I guess it would have been more of a "See you later" than a goodbye anyway, so, see you later!

• Uncle Bob
      Uncle Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen brother.........

Love BBQ, but the wait time, not so much.
    In my neck of the woods, wait time is the resting time.
    We do not have wait in line BBQ here in the NW

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      No, we do not!

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      That's because there is no decent BBQ in the NW to wait on (except in Eric and Mike's backyards !!)

Yep! My son’s friends went finding them sold out while being told the line started at 4:00am.

Comment

I love Texas BBQ, it is probably my favorite. Every time I visit my brother in Austin and we eat BBQ. The deciding factor on where we eat is the spot with no line. It's all pretty damn good and way better than anything in MN. (Pretty Much) Last time it was Blacks, time before that we ordered out from Franklin's. Time before that it was La Barbs. The list goes on.

Comment

• T-bone
        T-bone commented
        Editing a comment
        Recommend adding Interstellar BBQ (new Texas Monthly #2) & Mickelwaiths (a couple blocks down from Franklins and has short lines).

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I do love Mickelwaits. Such a great place. It was a food truck last time I was in there though. T-bone

Goldees was great. If you haven't seen this YouTube video, it's absolutely fantastic. Mini documentary, spending a week at Goldee's... fantastic filmaking done here by Alvin Zhou. Almost 9 million views in 3 months!!

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
        Sweaty Paul commented
        Editing a comment
        I saw this video a month ago. Was an awesome watch and enjoyed the link to watch again! Highly recommend folks to watch.

My wife and I visited Goldees back in October, and I was fortunate enough to have the ability to pre-order my huge order on Goldee's website a couple weeks ahead of time. I just showed up on the date and time I had selected, and they had it all packed up and ready to go, with zero waiting in the huuuuuge line. They only offered the on-line pre-order thing for a very limited time, so I got lucky. All the food was great!

Comment

Oh.... btw. Goldees BBQ... #1 in Texas, smokes USDA CHOICE briskets, and they're fantastic.

Comment

A guy who has worked at Goldee's for over a year is opening a BBQ joint near me: Redbird BBQ in Port Neches, Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by 58limited View Post
            A guy who has worked at Goldee's for over a year is opening a BBQ joint near me: Redbird BBQ in Port Neches, Texas.
            Nice! Before Goldees... Amir was at Feges BBQ, which is also in the current Texas Top 50.

Goldee's brisket whisperer (Chuck) is opening up her own BBQ joint (Barbs-B-Q) in Lockhart, TX in the next year or so. possibly 2023 but who knows.

Comment

Amir is opening his place next door to the brewery that I hang out at - Neches Brewing Co. He grew up in Port Neches and went to school with the owner of the brewery.

Comment

Originally posted by nikolausp View Post

Nice! Before Goldees... Amir was at Feges BBQ, which is also in the current Texas Top 50.

Goldee's brisket whisperer (Chuck) is opening up her own BBQ joint (Barbs-B-Q) in Lockhart, TX in the next year or so. possibly 2023 but who knows.

Looks like Chuck found her location right on the square in Lockhart!

1,328 Likes, 127 Comments - BARBS ♥ B ♥ Q (@barbs.b.q) on Instagram: "we have a home :,)"
                Last edited by nikolausp; January 5, 2023, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here