Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memphis BBQ Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memphis BBQ Recommendations

My son and granddaughter are going to Memphis next week to check out the Southern College of Optometry, 1245 Madison Ave, Memphis, TN 38104.

Does anyone have any recommendations for BBQ joints or other good eating places in the neighborhood of the school?

TIA

Not sure if these are near the school, but I have been to Central, Rendezvous and Interstate. This was several years ago, but they were all good.

Comment

About one mile to the East on the same street (Madison) is The Bar-B-Q Shop (1782 Madison).

For a non-BBQ recommendation, Casablanca (1707 Madison). It serves Mediterranean/Middle East cuisine. This will sound like a strange recommendation, but order the iced tea.

Comment

Central BBQ is my favorite. Their dry rub baby back ribs are the best I’ve ever had!

Comment

Thank you all for the information. I'll pass it along.

Comment

My son and granddaughter made the trip and thank you all for the recommendations.

Unfortunately, they didn't get to check them out. They got in late Friday night and were on the campus tour all day Saturday and had to get to the airport to fly home right after. They were fed lunch on campus as part of the tour.

The good news is that they got a recommendation from the tour guide that confirms @dwlacroix 's for The Bar-B-Q Shop, close to the campus:

The Bar-B-Q Shop - Memphis Barbecue, Sauce & Seasoning | The best barbecue in Memphis (thebar-b-qshop.com)

The other good news is that the Southern College of Optometry is now my granddaughter's top choice of schools. My son and I are already talking about a road trip to visit her and get some good Q.

@klflowers @Santamarina

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here