Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chatterbox Cafe, Chattanooga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chatterbox Cafe, Chattanooga

The guy that runs this place, Brandon Ellis, is a pretty good success story. His story can be seen here:

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...x-cafe/530840/

I stopped in yesterday after having passed the place lots of times since he opened. It features an open air seating area and walk up counter service. I got mine to go since I finally got a shipment of plates from Panhead John. The menu is pretty extensive, with the usual brisket, pulled pork, ribs and chicken, as well as smoked wings and tacos. I got a brisket plate with baked beans and potato salad and a half rack of ribs. The brisket was OK; I thought it was a little under seasoned and dry - I had slices of the flat, so I guess that is to be expected. Next time I'll ask if they can give me some of the point. The ribs were really good. They come dry rubbed and not sauced, and whatever rub they use is pretty tasty. Slightly sweet, but not overly sweet. They were a little too fall off the bone, but that is kind of expected since they are a restaurant and have to hold ribs. They were St Louis cut. The potato salad and beans were really good to. I had some of the BBQ sauce on the side - one sweet and the other hot. The sweet was not to my liking, but the hot was pretty good. The hot is hot for real too - not just labeled that way.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Chatterbox.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.41 MB ID:	1065881

A couple of guys that eat there often were there and they mentioned that the chicken is really good. I plan on trying that out next time - and there will be a next time. When I am too lazy to cook (happens a lot) or I work too late to cook (unfortunately that happens a lot too)...
    Last edited by klflowers; July 24, 2021, 01:06 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here