Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Style BBQ In Sweden....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Style BBQ In Sweden....

....and it’s not from our friend Henrik !!!

Great read.

Comment

Yeah, but Hanks BBQ is better. Nice write up. Yep, BBQ is going worldwide. It is growing expotentially in the Southern Hemishpere at the moment. Better step up there Hank. I can fill a container with 1000 gallon pits for Stockholm!!

Comment

Good writeup. i've been to Holy Smoke. Incidentally I was there for a full day bbq workshop with Aaron Franklin, so I (and the rest of the class) got to hang out with him a full day (7AM-7PM). Very cool. And I got to use his 1000 gallon smoker. As for the brisket? I think I can do just as good a brisket if not better (than Holy Smoke that is).

I'm seriously considering setting up shop, need to figure out the practical details. We'll see what happens in the near future. Thanks for the offer Ahumadora, we'll stay in touch.
        Last edited by Henrik; September 22, 2019, 01:49 AM.

Comment

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought to myself when I first read this that I'm sure yours is a lot better and I believe it is without the proof. Need to invite me to a sample down.

If anyone is visiting Sweden there is one small place that is more authentic than the rest. It is run by a guy named Tommy, he serves bbq lunch between 11-14. As traditional as it gets, but insanely focused on putting out the best product. It's a small joint, and he serves brisket, homemade sausages, beef ribs and iberico ribs. That's it. The name is "Det arroganta svinet" (The arrogant swine): https://detarrogantasvinet.se/

But then of course I have a smoker the size of his, so if any of you esteemed pit members are in the vincinity know where to go right? I'll serve up some good ole 'que any day, hang out with you and generally have a good time.

Comment

Dang we’ve decided on an Asian trip next year (see wife’s family then Saigon and Phuket) but Texas bbq in my grandparents old country, got me second guessing. Maybe her to Asia and me to Europe?? 😎

Comment

Henrik Someday I'd love to visit Sweden and swing by for some Q.

Comment

I was gonna say i know a guy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here