Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where to eat near Meggett S.Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to eat near Meggett S.Carolina

My sister inlaw is traveling to Meggett and would like suggestions for awesome BBQ

Well, I had to look up Meggett since I never heard of it. Probably the most well-known place is a few miles away in Charleston. Rodney Scott is a legend, www.rodneyscottsbbq.com. If she's never been to Charleston, she should go! Either before or after lunch at Scott's, she should take an educational walking tour with www.walkingcharleston.com. The tour guide is excellent.

Comment

Rodney Scott's, Swig & Swine (probably closest), Home Team BBQ, Lewis (real, honest to goodness Texas style brisket and hot guts). Mind you, all of these are just up the road, close to and in Charleston.

Comment

I agree with the BourBonQ. Rodney Scott's is probably the most well-known and is my personal favorite (I live 60 miles away). Recently ate at the Swig and Swine (make sure you try the burnt ends and the smoked pork belly!!) and they are a very close #2. If you're willing to travel for 45 minutes, go to Sweatman's BBQ in Holly Hill, SC. They have a fantastic whole hog buffet. Probably the originators of the mustard-based BBQ sauce is a place in Charleston called Maurice's Piggy Park. All great places and I've been to them all too many times! Have fun and eat well, my friend
        The OmegaDog

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          I know we enjoyed Sweatman’s a lot.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here