Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireside Smokehouse, Feasterville, PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireside Smokehouse, Feasterville, PA

Another single-site smokehouse. http://firesidesmokehouse.com/ Their ribs are great, especially when they're $16 for a full rack with sides on Wednesday (eat in only so now we order 2, eat half of each and take the other half home). The rub they use is good with some zing, the sauce is OK so we get sauce on the side (also because sauce is, IMO, often used to hide sins) and use another smokehouse's sauce at home. I like smoked wings, but I think they deep fry their wings after smoking. Not my fave, but they're still good.

Looks pretty good, we might try it next time we're down Philly way. How is the brisket, and the tri-tip?

Comment

Dunno. BF is addicted to the mac and cheese (or as he says crack and cheese). We've had the jumbo smoked wings (I've had better), the ribs, the mozz sticks (more like slabs). I'm not sure about the brisket, the german restaurant near us smokes a wicked brisket and I haven't had a smokehouse one yet to match. Never had tri-tip (never heard of it before here) so will try to remember to get it next time we're there not on a wednesday.

Comment

Mosca Went last night and got the sampler - brisket, tri-tip, and pulled pork. Two hits and a miss. I ordered it with mashed and coleslaw and got sauce on the side (so I could see what it tasted like "nekkid"). The pulled pork was good, tasted like it would make a great pulled pork sandwich on kaiser with slaw. The brisket was almost as good as the German restaurant's, moist, fell apart, tasty. The only thing was I liked the German restaurant's seasonings better. I'd get the pork and brisket again.

The tri-tip was a huge disappointment. It was tough, dry, not a pleasant experience. Somehow I doubt that its supposed to be that way. I shared the brisket and pulled pork with BF (he got ribs, sauce on the side), spared him the tri-tip.

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. When we go I'll make it a point to ask for a small piece of tri-tip, so I can see what's up with it.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here