Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cashiers Farmers Market BBQ Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cashiers Farmers Market BBQ Stand

I was traveling through Cashiers, NC yesterday for work, and I passed this farmers market with a BBQ place called On The Side attached to it. There was a line, and I was hungry, so I said why not. Got the brisket sandwich to eat, and a rack of ribs to try a bone or 7 and take the rest to the house. The brisket was served naked and I got a side of Carolina Vinegar sauce. The bark on the brisket was soft, but the meat tasted pretty good. I got a side of baked beans that were just OK. The ribs turned out to be a disappointment; the silver skin was not removed from the rack, and it was pretty thick and made them hard to eat. The taste was a little bland. They were served with a side of a sweet BBQ sauce. I got pics of the brisket, but then I had to join a conference call and didn't get pics of the ribs. I enjoyed the call though; had to keep silencing my phone so they wouldn't hear me chewing. When I got home, my nephew was in the house, and he swooped down on the rest of the rack like he hadn't eaten in a month. The farmers market was pretty nice though, and I picked up a few things from there. Here is the brisket:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190611_125825.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	694187Click image for larger version

Name:	20190611_125856.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	694189Click image for larger version

Name:	20190611_125838.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	694188

Website: https://www.cashiersfarmersmarket.co...-side-bbq.html

Before you joined AR and learnt to make great BBQ you would have thought this is really good bbq.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly

Yup, Ahumadora we’ve become picky, picky, picky when you’ve tasted goodness.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup. I can make that better is my line now.

You had to give it a shot. I like to find the local BBQ joints when I travel and just as often I'm left a little disappointed. As mentioned above, we might all be too educated by one another at this point. Still better than hitting a McDonald's!

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      The long line convinced me. But then I am pretty sure there were no AR members in it.

If you want the best in western carolina BBQ go to the Haywood Smokehouse in Dillsboro or Waynesville and then there are a couple in Asheville that are nationally known, that I have never been to.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll write those down. I spend a fair amount of time in NC.

• mountainsmoker
      mountainsmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      I took the time to look up the 2 in Asheville they are 12 Bones and Buxton Hall. The latter has a James Beard nominated chef if that impresses you any. LOL 12 Bones is a full service BBQ joint with all the cuts but is only open from 11-4, Buxton Hall is an eastern carolina BBQ joint doing mainly whole hog and chicken at lunch adding St Louis ribs for dinner.
      Last edited by mountainsmoker; June 12, 2019, 11:01 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here