Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big ol' pre wedding dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big ol' pre wedding dinner

Calling your restaurant "House of Beef" is like from The Simpsons or something. But, it is pretty accurate!

This was more of a who's-in-the-seats than what's-on -the-table affair. I think it's the most people I've ever sat at one table with (23). The food was pretty good though. I'd call it more good value than prime quality. We had a great time, and everyone went home happy.

Instead of ordering off the menu, they have big mounds of mixed chicken, beef, pork, and sausage, and each mound serves six, so you do the math. Comes with several salads, sides, and dessert. I got five platters instead of four, didn't want anyone going hungry. $37 Chilean each, about $50 US. Plus wine, beer, drinks before and after, coffees, and tip, about $500 US. Not bad for 23 people, I was worried it would be twice that.

We were there about three hours, laughing, eating, drinking, sharing. It doesn't get any better.

Click image for larger version  Name:	5a7c327a-1b89-4c39-af5a-56b8b51e4b7d.png Views:	1 Size:	275.1 KB ID:	680866Click image for larger version  Name:	20190517_224631.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.30 MB ID:	680867Click image for larger version  Name:	20190517_201112.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.59 MB ID:	680868Click image for larger version  Name:	20190517_201315.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.46 MB ID:	680869

Looks great, I guess you are on a 'see' food diet while there!

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      You are correct. There will be a reckoning, I’m certain, when I meet the scale back home.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, your on vacation, enjoy yourself, eat n drink.
      You can live like a monk for the rest of the year.

Family, friends, and new friends around a table of argentine styled food. Well worth the cost. Glad you are enjoying yourselves.

Comment

Nice! Makes me hungry for some reason. Continue to enjoy your special time together with Family and FriendsMosca!

Comment

Yep the parrilla for 2/4/6 people is pretty popular here. The family probably ordered it with out the achuras (cow guts) small intestine, kidney, liver, sweetbreads and blood sausage that usually comes with it. For you guys who don't know, they pput a few hot coals in the pan under the meat to keep it warm at the table.

Comment

Grab it and growl. My kind of dinner.

Comment

That all looks / sounds so delicious!
            Comin in at ~$50 USD per mouth don't sound too awful bad, fer a catered, especial weddin-related event.

If I might be so bold as to be th first to mention it; in some of yer earlier vacay pics, it appears to these tired, ol eyebulbs, like ya lost some (substantial) weight, vs. yer avatar pic???

Comment

• Mosca
              Mosca commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe 15-20? New pill, makes me pee all the time, side effect is 5-10% weight loss.

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              15-20 is nigh onto ~7% avg. of my body weight, an no small accomplishment!
              Congrats, Brother!
              Though, from appearances, ya might haveta re-lose it all, once ya git back home!
              Still, wanted to mention I seen a difference...
              At my age, already haveta pee plenty, so no pills fer me lol!

This would be a blast. Thanks for sharing it with us.

"We were there about three hours, laughing, eating, drinking, sharing. It doesn't get any better."

This is what it is all about!

Comment

Friends, family, food. The basic 3 Fs = joy And happiness. Good post Mosca

Comment

Thanks for sharing! What a memorable time that will surely be.

Comment

Looking like a great time. Thanks for bringing us along for the ride.

Comment

I'm guessin, mebbe, a big ol post-weddin meal might be in store, as well???

Comment

We're all enjoying your fun. Congrats to you, your better half, along with your daughter and new SnL.

I know you've moved around a bit on this trip. Is the wedding in Argentina or Chile?

Comment

That looks like a great meal.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here