Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Being new here I thought I'd add a quick round up of my favorite B.A. restaurants.

In a town loaded with grilled meat and asado, a stateside BBQ fan may not know where to start. Its pretty hard to go wrong, but you will want to try a couple of places for sure. I should add that if you go to dinner at 8pm and no one is there, it isn't because it's late. It's because it's early. Things swing from 9/10pm to midnight. Expect to eat late.

HAPPENING (Almagro)
    Alicia Moreau de Justo 310, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    (011) 4319-8712/5
    For something Fancy (most of the meast are roasted in a wood fired oven) try "Happening" in Puerto Madero. Its trendy and hip, with an awsome wine list and some of the best cordero (lamb) I've ever tasted.

LA TRANQUERA (BELGRANO)
    Figueroa Alcorta, Av. 6464, Belgrano, Bajo Belgrano, C.A.B.A.
    Tel: 4784-6119
    For the straight up real grill and Asado experience everyone goes to "La Estancia" - of course a classic - but please don't overlook "La Tranquera" for a fantastic selection of griled Achurras (sweetbreads, kidneys, blood sausage and Intestines) and drop your socks Asado.

PATAGONIA SUR (BOCA)
    Rocha 801, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    5411 4303 5917
    Francis Mallmann is the Argentine version of Steven Raichlen. He's conquerd TV, Books (You must read Seven Fires) and Restaurants. He is a maestro when it comes to live fire cooking. His zona Boca restaurant Patagonia Sur should be on your list. Try the peached pork, its divine.

My experiences only, but you're sure to find something you like in one of these. By the way if you ever get a jones for a Pizza when you are there, look no further than "El Cuartito". Best pizza in the world. Hands Down.
    Last edited by scorched_porch; January 29, 2015, 05:29 PM.

Thank you. I will use this information in the near future.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here