Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE READ: How to Use the BBQ Restaurant Roundup Channel

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE READ: How to Use the BBQ Restaurant Roundup Channel

For the purposes of better organization, we ask that if you have a review to share (positive or negative) or a question to ask about a BBQ or steak joint, please place it in the proper sub-channel if it fits. For instance, if you're speaking about places in Texas or North Carolina, please place your review or question in the Texas or North Carolina sub-channel. Same with Spain or Italy. If your country isn't listed, please place it in "Others" and send me a note and I can add your country as a sub-channel.

To see the sub-channels ("sub-forums"), just scroll down as shown:

Click image for larger version  Name:	subchannels.JPG Views:	1 Size:	115.6 KB ID:	503848

If your review or question is about several states such as a trip from Texas to the Carolinas, or a chain place with no specific location for instance, place it in the main BBQ Restaurant Roundup channel here, since it doesn't fit into a sub-channel.

Also, if you have a negative review, please be honest but keep it professional. These folks depend on their businesses for their livelihoods, and while constructive criticism is generally appreciated, being mean isn't. We're not TripAdvisor or Yelp!

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for posting this, didn't realize there were sub-forms. Will have to start posting my Texas experiences there !

Comment

I figured many didn't, most reviews get posted in the main channel and then we have to move them. Hence the purpose of the post!

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea that's why they pay you the big bucks Husk

there is somewhere relevent to bbq besides texas and north carolina?

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol!

• lemayp
        lemayp commented
        Editing a comment
        The best bbq comes from Virginia of course, about 20ft from where Im sitting now...

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad you at least included Texas

Michigan has 2 really good places (that I know of, quite likely many more)- Slow's in Detroit, and 2 Scotts in Grand Rapids. Never been to Franklin, La BBQ, Smokque, et al, but I suspect they may not be quite in that league, but they're good! Best BBQ in MI though is either in my backyard or JeffJ Aimless1 Jon Solberg BigCountryQPowersmoke_80 or Juddlight I could nearly promise you that!

So, let's add Michigan to a great BBQ state!

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll have to keep 2 Scotts in mind, as I do occasionally go to Grand Rapids on business.

I hope Mike and Amy Mills don’t mind but this reminds me of an excerpt from Peace, Love, and Barbecue. pg 129 chapter 4... Mike says;

There’s an unwritten gentleman’s code among pitmasters. Ask any of them about food eaten in another restaurant and they’ll say, "It was good."

When I’m trying new barbecue, I always try to find that good thing to say. But sometimes, the best I can do is say, "Well, they got good roles" or "They got good ice tea." Anyone in the know will understand what that means. But listen, just because I don’t like it doesn’t mean it isn’t good. Every joint, from the best to the worst, seems to have people who think the food served there is the very best. Even bad barbecue is somebody’s favorite.

Some say the measure of a good barbecue restaurant is how far you’ll drive to get there. I’ve crossed the country and eaten at literally every barbecue joint in my path and way off the beaten path. If I see a sign or billboard that says "barbecue" I pull over. I rarely regretted it.....

Enjoy!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here