Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Rocky Mount NC restaurant review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Rocky Mount NC restaurant review

I am hesitant to leave a bad review of a restaurant and include the name. So I will leave the review and if anyone is planning on going to RM, pm me for the name. However, if there are a lot of "votes" to reveal the name, I will.

We stopped for dinner at this place on the way to Myrtle Beach, SC. We picked it because it had a 4.5 star rating. It's a nice place of medium size and the owner came around and talked to the patrons.

My wife ordered ribs and I ordered "Texas Style" brisket. My wife loved her ribs, but she likes them fall off the bone tender, and doesn't mind mushy. The flavor was good though, but not much smoke.

My brisket was nothing like good Texas style. There were 5 or 6 small, thin slices covered in a sauce that was mostly tomato based, but did not have much of anything added. Again, not much smoke and very unremarkable.

However, the mac and cheese was some of the best I have had, and my wife thought the same.

I vote give us the name, you're only stating facts as you see them, you're not bashing them.

Comment

Was it the Prime? A few friends who live in the area have said it's gone south in the last year or so. We have the same issue with our restaurants a little further south. Ok food and bad customer service except on the days the manager who actually cares is on shift to corral the care free minions that are supposed to be top notch 100% of the time...

Comment

OK Huskee - it was the Prime Smokehouse. Good guess ItsAllGone...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here