Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charlotte - Midwood Smokehouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlotte - Midwood Smokehouse

I had lunch at Midwood Smokehouse last week and must say it was truly awesome BBQ.

​http://midwoodsmokehouse.com/

Brisket Sliced) - 5 Stars
    Brisket (Burnt ends) - 4.5 Stars
    Pulled Pork - Not ordered
    Chicken - Not ordered
    Ribs - Not ordered

They had an actual smoker with a wood pile in the back of the restaurant and they definitely used it to make the brisket. It was tender and juicy with a great bark. Their menu calls it "Texas Style" brisket and I would agree. It definitely reminded me of my visits to Pecan Lodge and Lockhart in Dallas a few weeks ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4417.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	3091

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4418.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	3093

Attached Files

That looks really good! Now I'm going to have to go to Chuckwagon BBQ here to grab some pics.

Most of the brisket here is dry and tough, that looks what Chuckwagon BBQ produces. The owner/operator is from Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by wjHunter View Post
      That looks really good! Now I'm going to have to go to Chuckwagon BBQ here to grab some pics.

Most of the brisket here is dry and tough, that looks what Chuckwagon BBQ produces. The owner/operator is from Texas.

Yeah a name like Chuckwagon does not immediately make me think, "Good Food". Not sure what they were thinking there... Sounds like they were just being honest I suppose lol

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here