Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great North Carolina BBQ near Dupont State Forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great North Carolina BBQ near Dupont State Forest

If you're near DuPont State Forest or Pisgah National Forest near Brevard, NC, and you’ve got a hankering for some real North Carolina barbecue, you should stop at the Hawg Wild Bar-B-Que restaurant located on Route 276 next to the Hub and Back Country Outdoors.

They serve both Western (tomato-based) and Eastern (vinegar-based) style North Carolina chopped pork barbecue, chicken, or ribs, They also have charbroiled chicken, rainbow trout, and country fried steak. Start with some fried pickles and don’t eat too many of their excellent hush puppies or you won’t have room for the good-sized dinner portions.

Check out my short take at http://theagingphotographer.com/grea...-state-forest/

Paul thanks for the review and the link to your blog.

Question, do you think the iPhone 6 Plus is worth getting over the iPhone 6 due to it having true optical image stabilization?

Comment

If it really does have optical image stabilization, that might put me over the top. I believe that there a few apps that claim to mimic stabilization, I haven't found any that work that well. I still have an iPhone 4 and will probably upgrade to the 6+ once the initial rush subsides a bit. I've used the iPhone to try to capture low light scenes like sunsets or storm could, but this aging photographer is never able to hold that little sucker steady enough.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here