Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer calls 911 over smoked NC barbeque plate she says was too pink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer calls 911 over smoked NC barbeque plate she says was too pink

She called 911 over a smoke ring.

It takes all kinds

Comment

Former mayor of Scottsdale years ago used to call 911 because she couldn’t find her meeting location and was late.

Comment

• WayneT
        WayneT commented
        Editing a comment
        Good reason to be former.

I'm glad the customer left a photo on her review. It should attract more customers that know what smoked pork should look like.

Comment

THIS is why I laugh anytime someone suggests I should open a BBQ restaurant. NO WAY! Homemade BBQ has love, it's done in small batches, and exceeds anything I've ever tasted in a restaurant. And when people start paying someone for food, it opens up the door to stupid criticisms like that one...I'll talk to my dog all day long before I have to deal with the public :-)

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          The only way I would do it is if I didn't need it to be profitable.

• DaveD
          DaveD commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen to this. Finding that the less I have to deal with people, the better things are.

• mrichie1229
          mrichie1229 commented
          Editing a comment
          I couldn't agree more with your post!

Bless her heart.

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          The exact response I would have expected to hear from all my female relatives in North Carolina if they had read this.

• Bogy
          Bogy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thoughts and prayers!

It's a good thing the lady hadn't ordered chicken.

Comment

Now, they did give her some chicken. Imagine when she sees a smoke ring on cooked chicken, haha!

Some people just can't be helped.

Comment

• scottranda
            scottranda commented
            Editing a comment
            Juices run clear at 210 degrees for chicken.

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Mmmm. 210 degree chicken! You can achieve that by boiling it too!

Comment

This is an episode of punked, right?
            where's the camera?

Comment

“Karen” should have been arrested or ticketed at least, tying up city services like that over such nonsense….🙄 My apologies to the real Karens of the world.

Comment

• Murdy
                Murdy commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, her heart was in the right place even if her head was a in the next county.

I’d give her a refund on one condition, that she promise to never come back.

Comment

This is a perfect example of when a mental health ‘intervention team’, rather than a first responder, should have been dispatched to de-escalate the situation.

Comment

• bbqLuv
                  bbqLuv commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They have that here in Portland, OR.

Yeah, you hear about 911 calls up here along the same lines.
                With these people when they shake they're heads you can hear the bean rattling around.
                ....nuff said.

Comment

Some notes: Clyde Cooper's has been in downtown Raleigh for 75 years (they did have to move around the corner a few years ago when their original building was re-developed). They've also been busier than normal the last few days since the story came out. In addition to eastern NC style pork they also have some of the best fried chicken I've had.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here