Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Q in Raleigh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Q in Raleigh?

Will be there Tuesday,,,,thanks

I would highly recommend Sam Jones bbq at 502 W. Lenior St.

If you find yourself looking for something different please try the Big Easy or the Farmers Market. Both are awesome. Eat at both as often as I can.

Comment

We’re big fans of The Q Shack in Durham, https://theqshackoriginal.com , and The Pit is good if you want a nice restaurant environment (as opposed to sitting at picnic tables).

Comment

In Raleigh I'll give a second vote for Sam Jones.

Comment

Sam Jones is legit. Some of the best smoked turkey breast anywhere. And the sides are also tasty.

Comment

We enjoyed Sam Jones —it was good enough to probably stay in business in Texas!

Comment

• mcook2201
              mcook2201 commented
              Editing a comment
              Appreciate you enjoying a NC legend.

This place used to be stellar but it seems the original owner/pitmaster is no longer there.

Comment

• Sid P
              Sid P commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s too bad. It was very good when we were there six years ago.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
              ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
              Editing a comment
              We ate there a few years ago, I wasn't impressed. Food wasn't bad, it was decent for the most part. But at 4x the cost of a decent place by my house, and the 2+ hour round trip to top it off? We won't go there again.

Original Sam Jones BBQ is in Winterville, NC...just south of Greenville. It is outstanding.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here