Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 Bones Smokehouse in Asheville, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 Bones Smokehouse in Asheville, NC

My wife and I camped for five days around Brevard, NC this past weekend for our 1 year anniversary. We made a point of stopping at well-reviewed bbq joints coming and going, and on our way back we took a detour into Asheville to hit up one of 12 Bone's two locations. There was a line out the door, but it moved quickly, and the food was well worth the wait. It seems like they pit-smoke their meat and finish it on a grill, and their name-sake, 12 bones, is based off their quirky rib sauce flavors. Among the choices of the day were Cheerwine, Carolina Red, Blueberry Chipotle, Brown sugar, and pepper sauce. I got a half rack of Cheerwine-sauced ribs with a side of chopped brisket tossed in red sauce, and my wife chose their pulled pork tossed in the same. I have to say, the meat held up their reputation, but the real star for me were the sides. Jalapeno cheese grits, Sweet corn puddin, home made beans, pickled okra salad, smoked potato salad, mashed sweet potatoes...all fantastic. We got a lb of brisket and pulled pork to go. Click image for larger version

Name:	12bones.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	117103
    I'll definitely be stopping by here any time I'm in Asheville, I'd recommend it to anybody in the area.

Flavorsavor, Congratulations on the anniversary and I finding a Great Place for Dinner! 👍👍👍👍👍 That's some Georgous Country you were Camping In? Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan! Yeah it was picture perfect for our whole stay. Clear skies day and night, the trees just coming into color, and comfortable temperatures. We like to get up there at least a couple times a year.

Comment

I've got family that live there, their Instagram pics are always breathtaking. My wife was there for a wedding this time last year and raved about the scenery in Brevard. My nephew in law proposed to his now wife at one of the waterfalls there and that pic is so cool. Glad you had a good time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here