Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daisy May BBQ -- Adam Perry Lang should be embarrassed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daisy May BBQ -- Adam Perry Lang should be embarrassed

Adam Perry Lang should be embarrassed

Well, Adam Perry Lang should be embarrassed if he still has anything to do with Daisy May BBQ in New York. We were really looking forward to this because we are big fans of his books and recently ate at Barbecoa in London. Well, he doesn’t have much of anything to do with that place any more but it was still excellent. We tried the brisket, pulled pork, wet and dry ribs and four sides. Of the things we tried the diet cokes were the best.

The most disappointing and fatal flaw was the brisket. I asked if I could have some sliced off the point. No, it had already been sliced and was served in sauce. As far as I could tell it had been sliced MANY hours earlier and you could only taste the sauce. It was well trimmed with minimal excess fat. These were weak. The wet and dry ribs were only fair along the distal portion of the bone but the loin meat near the chine was mealy tasting. HUGE disappointment. The easiest thing to make is pulled pork and theirs was adequate.

As to the sides. Well, the beans were almost lukewarm but not quite. The corn was ok, the cole slaw fair and the sweet potatoes awful. These two plates with two sodas set us back 44$.

There are numerous decorations on the walls of awards and contests won and great reviews. Typical dates from 2003 to 2007. This place is WAY past its prime and I can only recommend that you skip it for a while and then avoid it entirely.

Comment

Thanks for the update

Comment

Will avoid!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here