Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goody Cole's Smokehouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goody Cole's Smokehouse

A very decent place, lots of good on line reviews. I found it quite likeable and totally unpretentious.

374 New Hampshire 125, Brentwood, NH
    (603) 679-8898

Goody Cole's Smokehouse is located on 374 Route 125 (Calef Highway) in Brentwood, NH. 1.2 miles south of the intersection of Rt. 125 and 101 and the Super Walmart.

The CAN get mobbed and run out of menu items... First time I went there with my wIfe, all they had left was smoked turkey and st. Louis ribs... And my wife HATES turkey... As it was a thirty minute drive, the fact that I'm still living and breathing is a testament to the ribs (she wanted brisket and had to settle for the ribs). The nice lady apologized profusely saying it was quite unexpected... So I'd suggest calling ahead if you want a specific thing just to be sure. They do a lot of takeout. But do yourself a favor and call ahead.

​
    Last edited by JPP; July 22, 2014, 12:47 PM. Reason: messed up line feed

You never seem to hear much about New Hampshire, seems to be a quiet little state that largely keeps to itself. Good to know they do some good BBQ.

Comment

You might want to try KC"S Rib Shack on the Beford/Manchester line. Very similar to Goody Coles and probably these two sites are the best that New Hampshire has to offer at this time. I've eaten at both and for my money I would take Goody Coles.

Comment

Thanks for the tip! Hopefully I'll check it out soon...

Comment

Anything good near Haverhill? I'll be there next month.

Comment

As far as I can tell.. Goody Coles may be the closest... Rt 125 runs thru Haverhill.... Lester's roadside (also decent) looks further away being near Burlington MA

Comment

There have been quite a few very good BBQ places that have opened up in southern New Hampshire. Here are a few:

Willie Jewells - Nashua, NH (southern chain from Florida with this lone store in NH) - AWESOME
              Gabi's Smoke Shack - Londonderry, NH - Very Good
              Smokehaus BBQ - Amherst, NH - Pretty Good
              Huntspoint BBQ Meats and Steaks (also a large meat/butcher shop) - Looks like authentic Texas BBQ. I had the brisket sandwich and the meat was dry and "pulled". Maybe just a bad day.
              Smokey Bones - Nashua, NH (Franchise chain. Just so-so)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here