Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurricane Sally & The Shed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane Sally & The Shed

The Shed is possibly the coolest BBQ joint in the nation. Located in Ocean Springs, MS, spitting distance from the Gulf of Mexico, the food is good, the Blues first rate, the people the best. The Orrison family run this rollicking sprawling hunk of kitch with both indoor and outdoor dining in the woods. Attached are some pix from one of my visits. By the way, the guy in the blue shirt is Sweet Baby Ray. It has been knocked down by many hurricanes and a few fires, but always comes back. It was right in the path of Sally so I checked in with Brooke Orrison Lewis. If you watched our Happy Hour on grilling seafood she and her wacky brother Brad were special guests https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ood-happy-hour

Here is her reply:

Thank you for thinking about The Shed BBQ family and our community. We feel blessed that we did not receive the force we were expecting of Hurricane Sally’s winds and surges because she shifted slightly East before making landfall. Our hearts go out to our neighbors in Dauphin Island, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach Alabama, Pensacola Florida and many surrounding towns just to the East of us. We are also continuing our prayers for Louisiana and Texas that were severely damaged during Hurricane Laura. The Mississippi Gulf Coast, The Shed BBQ family and community are damage free for the most part. There was some minimal flooding in low lying areas, piers damage along our Coast and tree/debris clean up, but nothing severe. Once realizing we were out of harms way we began reaching out to restauranteurs and friends to our East to see what supplies we can gather as they have received severe catastrophic damage in many areas. Thank you everyone who has reached out to check on us. The power of positive energy helps our spirits tremendously during Hurricane season. This season has been very active. We are now watching TD #22 and praying it doesn’t enter the Gulf next week.

We will continue praying for all states who are affected by the Atlantic Hurricane Season. And as always, our family will continue to pray for Operation Barbeque Relief, its volunteers with boots on the ground, its donors, and the companies who unite to help strengthen our communities one meal at a time.
    Attached Files

Looks like my kinda place!

Comment

Those guys rock in so many ways. Really glad they escaped any serious damage.

Comment

I have eaten there on more than one occasion before moving to texas. It is really a unique BBQ joint!

Comment

It is on my bucket list. Glad they made it through.

Comment

Glad they survived the latest onslaught.
            Great place, and yes Mr. Bones I think you might just like it.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Least nobody's likely to poke fun at my dilapidated bibbers, or my Beloved Cowboy Hat, thereabouts...wtf needs dat shite?
              Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 18, 2020, 10:50 PM.

• surfdog
              surfdog commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree...no need for that drama.
              That said, darn near everywhere I can think of that I hang out at...casual like...wouldn’t give it a second glance. I’m there for the food and/or drinks...not a fashion show.

Keep in mind that I have worn a kilt into a Mexican restaurant. Clearly I’m not overly concerned with what other people think. I’m of the belief that other people’s opinions of me are none of my business.

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh, I've worn me kilt into many places, but a Mexican restaurant might jus take th Prize, me boyo!

I've also worn naught into many places, but that's yet, again, another story, fer another time...

I've got family in Ocean Springs, and have had the pleasure of enjoying the food and hospitality at The Shed. I'm so happy to hear they got through this one in good shape. If anyone is ever within a couple hundred miles of Ocean Springs, I highly recommend making the trip to The Shed. If you should happen to have a sweet tooth as well, French Kiss Pastries in downtown Ocean Springs is also worth the trip.

Comment

The Shed is a cool place. I haven't been there in years. Glad it's still standing/rebuilt.
              Had a buddy that used to play geeetar there on occasion

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Best steer clear o them there guitfiddle pickers...

[b]Bad Lot[b], from what I've done heared lol!

<shudder>

</shudder>

Why can't there be places like that up around here????
              Glad they weathered the storm safely

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here