Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Shed, Ocean Springs, MS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Shed, Ocean Springs, MS.

I'll be in Mississippi next weekend and will go to the coast for a couple of days. Haven't been hearing anything about The Shed lately and wondering if it is still worth trying. Your comments will be appreciated.

I haven’t been there in at least 6 years, so I can’t say. I would guess it would still be worth a stop. I’ve tried the pork, ribs, brisket and chicken. IMO compared with other BBQ joints their chicken ranked highest. Of course, that has been quite a while ago.

Comment

I believe they’re still active on the competition circuit. I’ve wanted to give their stuff a try, but don’t make it to the Miss. coast that often.

Comment

I was just there last year, and I was very impressed. It was a little strange to go there and not have the big crowd that is the norm there, but the food was still the best BBQ I have ever had. If you have a sweet tooth of any kind, French Kiss Pasties in downtown Ocean Springs is a great place to stop as well. And if you happen to be that "Clark", say hey to Floyd an Vicky for me.

Comment

• Clark
          Clark commented
          Editing a comment
          willxfmr Is that French Kiss place supposed to be be "Pasties"...or Pastries? My wife will be with me!

• willxfmr
          willxfmr commented
          Editing a comment
          Clark Yeah, spell check doesn't help when you spell the wrong word correctly.
          Their tarts however could make the night at the hotel more interesting if properly applied

Haven’t been for quite some time but I can’t imagine that they’ve lost the plot. I would definitely stop again.

The only reason I’ve not been recently, 2020 issues notwithstanding, is because I’m either in a hurry to be somewhere else, flying, or dropping in to visit friends in MS or LA...and then racing to be wherever I’m supposed to be.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here